Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A New Frontier

Well I am on to new, hopefully greener, pastures. I submitted my letter of resignation at A2M today. Yes ... that is right, my four year reign as character animator in video games has come to an end. I have excepted a position at a VFX/film company here in Montreal. Starting in mid February I will be an animation cog on the wheel that is DamnFX.

For the people who know me this news probably comes as little surprise. I have always had the curiosity to try my hand at film. And now I have finally taken the leap. I am very excited.

Can't wait to start.

Cheers!

;o)

5 comments:

KrisZadziuk said...

Congratulations Stacey, bet Darryl isn't best pleased you got into film before him. Maybe you can get him a job...

Cari said...

Congrats! That's awesome! Best of luck!

MacPurdys said...

Ha ha ha .... I never tire of that dry british humor. I hope Stace can get me a job.

Anonymous said...

Um, I only read this just now.. I was too busy looking at the pictures before I guess.. hehehe..Wow, you took it. Good for you! Jolyne

MacPurdys said...

Kris - if I could get a job in your industry I'd be thrilled!! A real paycheck!! Does Ubisoft have any openings? Stacey