Monday, July 16, 2007

Back to the Real World!!!!

Well, I went back to work last Monday. It went pretty well. I'm going to be working in the office for a couple of weeks...needed some training and want to make sure that I'll be ok on my own. Then I'll be doing a home office. It was nice to see everyone but I really will like the home office. I'll be working 8-430 and have Fridays off. So, it was pretty sweet on Thursday...it's already the weekend for me! I loved it! It was really nice and the week went by super fast.
So, Friday was spent with 5 other Moms and 7 other kids. Pretty busy day! We had a little pot luck and playdate with a few of the girls. It's a great way to spend the day with the kids. I really like that they only have 4 days at daycare.
Then Saturday night was "Just For Laughs". It was excellent!!! We went out to dinner with Preetha and Joe...a cute Mexican restaurant in Old Montreal. Great food and drinks. And then we headed off to the show. It was really, really good. Anyone that has been in a serious relationship would of totally laughed their ass off at this show. You could relate to everything the comedian said. It was totally worth seeing. I recommend it....the show plays in about 15 countries so keep your eyes out for it. It's called, "Defending the Caveman." And after the show was desert at Rockaberry. A yummy desert restaurant.
So, it was the perfect evening with my honey. We've been really lucky lately...we've been getting quite a bit of "alone" time so I'm liking that!!!!
And today was spent doing some work around the house....Darryl's putting in new handles on all the doors...and I did some gardening outside. Then we took the kids swimming in the afternoon. I think Breagha will be just like Shamus - lovin' the water!! She seems to enjoy it so we're putting them both in swimming in the fall.
Back to work tomorrow. We have friends coming in to visit this week - Lisa, Jason, and Baby Jack!!! They're heading home to Moncton and Cape Breton and are stopping in Montreal. So, it will be a treat to meet Jack. And then Duane and Cathy are heading home this week so hopefully they'll be stopping in too before they go.
It's always busy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are working out at work. I remember you were a bit worried on what would happen so that is awesome you get four days at work and three days with the kids. Also, I am happy to hear you and Darryl are getting some alone time too! That's important too. Things going well here...Raul and I just went on our first vacation together since we were married. We went to Thailand and had a great trip. It was nice to get out of Seoul for a few days. Back to the grindstone as well...miss you guys...
Debra