Sunday, August 5, 2007

A quick Home Office update...

Just wanted to give a home office update. I've been asked alot lately...did I start the home office, am I working downtown, do I like the home office?
So, I did start my home office this week. And I'm really liking it. I work 8-430 and at 430pm, I'm done and already home. It's wonderful. The daycare is very close to our house so the kids are picked up before 5pm, which I really like. We have time to hang out at the park before going home for supper. So, the home office is great.
I don't have to rush as much in the morning as Darryl and I are both there to get the kids ready. Darryl and I both get to see the kids before starting work...before one of us would have to leave home by 7am and Shamus isn't up until after 7. So, now we all get to spend some time together before work.
And Darryl's been taking Friday off the last few weeks. Which is also wonderful. Yesterday we went to Centennial Park. Enjoyed the hiking trails, packed a lunch, and spent time on the playground. Then I headed into the city for a haircut and colour. Found a new hairdresser! Yeap...Cari - you would be impressed. Very cheap. 88 bucks for colour, hairlights, cut, and styled. That's a great price for women!! So, I like that. And then I met up with Jolyne, Brian, Paul, Julie, and Suzy. Suzy was in from Winnipeg so it was great to spend time with her. We went to a new pub - Irish Embassy - on Bishop St. Nice place and our waiter was from Halifax! So, of course I was excited about meeting a fellow Maritimer.
Then Suzy, Jolyne, and I headed back to Jolyne's place for more wine (Thanks to Jo's Dad!!) and snacks. We did lots of catching up and I had a super time!! And it was nice to just stay in the city and not have to worry about getting home.
And now it's Saturday night and Darryl is hanging with the gang. It's Kristjan's last weekend here before moving back to England. They're having a BBQ at Jeremy's and then probably going out. So, I'm doing Blog Catch Up!!

1 comment:

Cari said...

I can't believe that you got your hair done for so cheap! That's awesome!!!