Saturday, June 21, 2008

And Now for the Eye Update...

So, the surgery went well this time. I had it done by PRK...for those that are up with eye surgery options...so it is more painful than Lasik. And it takes longer to heal and the results take longer to see. It can take up to 4 weeks before I see the full results. And up to 4 weeks to heal. But, I don't really care about that...as long as it worked. And it seems to have worked!! :)

I have to wear a contact lenses (with no prescription) in my left eye for 5 days. I really don't like that as I was always really picky but neeeeever sleeping with my contacts in. And now I have to go 5 days with one in my eye!! The doctor said that it acts as a bandaid for the eye. It's been 2 days and I feel like there is a haze over my left eye. You know, a very dirty contact. So, that's a bit uncomfortable. I'm hoping that when they take the contact lense out that I'll see more.

It's not as painful as I thought it would be. Everyone says that PRK is quite painful. And the doctor warned me that it would be worse for me as the left eye was already cut. But, it's not too bad. It's just uncomfortable mostly with some short spurts of pain. But, nothing I can't handle!!

So, that's the scoop!!! And thanks for wishing me luck! I was very worried on Thursday but all is good. Can't wait to see the full results!! Anyone need some contacts? heheeeeee

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Way to go, Stace! Glad all went well!

Anonymous said...

My daughter-in-law is a trooper!!!

Love, Mom Purdy