Friday, September 26, 2008

Did you know...

That it's very friendly here! It's really quite impressive. Since we've been here we've had a few introductions to the fire department, police department, and the locals. And everyone is so nice and considerate. Now, I would expect this in the Maritimes because Maritimers are just damn nice!! :) But, most places at home are small towns so more laid back and friendly. Brisbane is about 1.5million in population so it's fairly big. I would then assume that it would be more like Montreal....not so friendly. Don't get me wrong! Montreal has some super, kind, friendly people!!! But, it's a big city so not as friendly as the smaller towns.

Brisbane people have impressed me. Of course there are rude mean people here too. Like everywhere. But, overall, very considerate. We've been to the park and 2 policemen arrived on their motorcycles and let all the kids climb on and get their pictures taken. Another time we were downtown and there was a firetruck parked on the side of the street with some firefighters on the sidewalk. A couple of them came over to talk to Shamus (who was in "awe") and gave him and Breagha some stickers. Again...in the grocery store parking lot...a police car pulled in. The cop came out and then went up to Shamus and asked if Shamus would like to see the flashing lights on the cop car. So, he went back and turned them on. Pretty nice I thought! The list goes on...... Locals seeing me with the kids and the stoller...a construction worker stop and came over to carry the stroller up 2 flights of stairs for me this week!

Hmmmmm, Brissie is very nice. Makes me feel like I'm Nova Scota. :)

1 comment:

Ashley P Purdy said...

Awww I am so happy to hear that the people in Brisbane are friendly.. there is never anything wrong with that..
miss you all xoxo
-ashley