Sunday, October 12, 2008

Some Brissie beauty

As I mentioned in a previous post, it's spring here. And that means there are lots of trees/bushes/plants in bloom. Very beautiful. So, I finally took my camera out to snap a few pics.

This is by our place...


Just off our street...


Thought I would also throw in some of the different types of transportation used here.

The City Cat....

It's great. Goes up and down the river. And there is a city ferry that goes across the river and back. So, lots of options. And the Cat runs frequently so you aren't waiting around forever.

This is an ute. A very typical Aussie truck. And they all seem to be white!

Another white city work truck.

More beautiful flowers. This is a bloom from a tree. The trees are amazing here.


This big shrub is in New Farm park and every time I go by it I think of my sister, Cheryl. She is TOTALLY into gardening and obsessed with purple. So, she would love this.


Just by our street. The colours right now are truly amazing. My allergies took a beaten at the beginning because eeeeeverything was blooming. But this past week has been much better so I'm crossing my fingers!!! There are some huge trees...and they are really huge...that bloom bright yellow or purple flowers so I'll try to get a picture of one of the them soon!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING CANADA!!!
WE MISS YOU ALL!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!!!

How are you? Long time since we wrote,but we were thinking of you lots. It looks amazing in Brisbane. The colors are spectacular.
I will try to skype you one of these days and also to write a longer letter. We are all doing great! The girls are growing. Dave and I are super too!
Talk to you soon and enjoy beautiful weather
Love to all
The Clifford Family