Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Typical Week for the MacPurdy's...

Yeap.  Just a typical week in the MacPurdy home.  We've gotten back into the swing of work.  It took Breagha until this week to accept that she is back in daycare.  The new school year here starts next week so both Shamus and Breagha are moving up in daycare.  Shamus will be in preschool.  Crazy!!!  His birthday is next week so we're going to do a camping birthday weekend.  We figured we should do it while we can...no camping in Canada in January!!  Not me anyway!
Darryl and I went out on a date this week.  Very nice.  I'm not sure about the other married Mama's out there...but for me...I get excited when Darryl and I go out alone!  :)  Put on the make up, do the hair, pick out something nice to wear...a big date night!  It was great.  You appreciate the nights out more now.  Went out for a drink and then to the movies.  Expensive night but it was great to just relax with Darryl.
My week at work was quite busy as my director was up from Sydney.  He's very work - work, but in a good way.  Darryl's job....hmmmmmm, well, hmmmmm, not sure.  Darryl's company just did more lay offs and I really think the company will close down the office soon.  Who knows but it doesn't look too good.  So, we may be home sooner than we thought!  We're just waiting.
This weekend is a long weekend as it's Australia Day on Monday.  Basically this means beer and BBQ's.  We don't have much planned as we're going away next weekend.  And may need to save money for moving home!  :)
The summer is coming to an end here but you would never know.  It's been really muggy this week.  You can take a shower and after drying off...sweaty again!  Good times.
And that is a week in the life of the MacPurdy's!!! 
...I am behind with my emails since our computer had a virus last week...but I plan to catch up soon!!...thanks to everyone for keeping in touch.  I apprecite it!...

4 comments:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Hang in there MacPurdys ;)
Things have to get better...
Let's enjoy Brisbane as much as we can.
I hope you got rid of that virus and that your computer is ok.

Kelly said...

Hi Guys!
Wow, I can't believe Shamus is almost four!! He looks so grown up in your photos! Glad to hear your computer is back up and running. We're in the middle of another crazy cold spell hear, so hot and muggy sounds kind of nice! Hopefully, Darryl, your company will pull through--we're keeping our fingers crossed!
Take care,
Kelly :)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, well, sucks everything is so up in the air....but glad to see you are taking in in strides and still living your life. Whatever happens will happen and you just have to make the best of it. Glad to see you and Darrly got to have a date night. We have no kids and we still find it hard to do!lol Love and miss you tons...ps...don't forget to send me your address on email....
Debra

Anonymous said...

Good post Purdys. Sorry MacPurdys. Please forgive my sloppyness.

Shamus looks like a minature man. Just don't encourage his artistic abilitys, or he may wind up being an animator.

You should return to Montreal. Since climate change has set in, there is no longer any snow in Montreal, palm trees are everywhere, and everyone is drinking Corona.

Paul