Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Purdy Update


I just like the above pics so decided to post them!  Remember, this is my journal!

I was back to work this week.  It was a pretty good week but I hate leaving Darryl and the kids at home!  I wish I could go to the beach with them, and the park, and the science centre!!  And the list goes on! 
But it was a good work week and a great social week too.  I went out on Wednesday with coworkers as one of the girls left for Bulgaria on the weekend.  We went for drinks to the "Pig N'Whistle" which is just like being in Nova Scotia!  Really great.  Then Darryl had some quality time with the boys on Thursday.  Him and a bunch of the Ex-Pandemic boys went out for drinks....and Darryl was a little seedy on Friday.  :)  But, he did manage to get the kids to the beach on Friday.  Well done Dad!!!!!
And then on Friday night I went to the ballet.  Yeap.  My first time and I really really liked it!  Clo, Mariana, Clo's coworker, Catherine, and I went to the "Ballet in the Gardens".  It's the Australian Ballet and it was a free performance in the Botanical Gardens.  I've never been to the ballet before and I have to say that it was quite amazing to watch the dancers.  As Clo said, "it's like figure skating without the skates."  You really can't take your eyes off the dancers.  And the weather was perfect so happy about that!  Thanks to Clo for the invite.
The weekend was spent with Darrylie and the kiddies!  We spent almost the whole day at New Farm Park on Saturday.  And then today we did some running around before relaxing at home.  Ended the evening with some intense "Hungry Hippo" action.  The kiddies are now in bed and it's quiet time!  Ahhhhhh.
The weather here is finally starting to cool down which is a wonderful break.  Darryl started running again and I'm starting this week.  It was just too damn hot before!  Even at 6am it can be 28degrees!  So, I'm enjoying the walk to work more now as it's not so hot.
Oh, and the reason why I was doing this post in the first place!!! Darryl has a new job!  
Yeap, no more this Purdy...

This was Darryl on our vacation...checking out the job offers.  What did we ever do before the computer???
He ended up getting 2 offers on the same day while we were on vacation.

Back to work Purdy!  No more down time!

He had one offer from a studio in Melbourne and one from a studio in Brisbane.  The Melbourne offer wasn't very good though (money wise as Melbourne is even more expensive than Brisbane.  Australia is $$$) so that made Darryl's decision easy!

I said back to work!

 The studio that he will be starting with (THQ) seems to be pretty good.  And Mike (our friend from Montreal) is there so Darryl already has a friend!  :)

Damn it man, put the beer down and get to work!!!!

4 comments:

Tammi Hayne said...

Fantastic news on the new job Darryl! So great that you can stay in Brisbane. The ballet sounded fun Stacey...I've gone to a couple of productions (usually the Nutcracker, etc) at the Rebecca Cohn and it was nice. It is cooling down for you and just warming up for us. The last two days have begun to feel more like spring is in the air with warm(er) temperatures and lots of sun. Yay!

Kelly said...

Hi Guys!!
Congratulations on the job, Darryl(d)!! Is it a game or movie studio? Will you be putting Breagha in ballet lessons, now that you are a fan, Stace? I could tell you some funny stories about Chloe and ballet class! Congrats again!
Take care,
Kelly :)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys great posts! You guys make me laugh!! Happy to hear all is going so well and Darryl is going back to work! Great news... although it would have been nice to have you back in Canada!!
Take care miss you guys
Jenn & Aaron

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Congratulations Darryl with the new job!! It is good to see you guys will stay in Brissie :)
Hahaha-funny post. The guys had their vacation time and now is time to get back to work.