Monday, September 28, 2009

27473 words about Melbourne! Give or take a few.

Melbourne is nice. Look at the pics!

Flinder's Street Station. One of my favorite Jet songs mentions this station. I couldn't get the song out of my head every time we passed by here. Good thing it is an awesome song :)
mmmmmmm Krispy Kreme
The kids had there fair share of sugar on this trip. Your welcome Tooth Fairy... you can pick up their teeth at your earliest convenience. These lollies were from a shop that hand makes all there candy (in view of the public no less). I never knew until I saw it first hand. They put sugar in candy!
We were all very impressed with the Melbourne Zoo. The kids thought these were pretty neat. A Meerkat just like Timone from the Lion King? No Pumba though :(
Shamus corrected Stace (very "matter of factly") when she had the nerve to call one of these Lemurs... a Coati. In Stacey's defense we did see a Coati in Tikal, Guatemala and they do have stripes on their tails.

Ninja Pig. You would be standing there one minute and then, out of no where, the pig would just materialize underneath you in a puff of smoke! Imagine that! Thank God he was friendly.

Akidnas... Australia's version of the porcupine I suppose.

It was a long day at the Zoo but at least there was a playground to break up the walking.
Yeah! Playground! WoooHoooo! .... yeah... wooo.... heh... ooooooo..... whew. Good times.
I am in awe of big animals especially cats. It is really sad that these beautiful creatures are endangered. I also got some pics of Snow Leopards, Lions, Puma and a Mountain Leopard. I won't bore you with all the pictures.
This guy was putting on quite a show!
The primate exhibit was awesome!
He looks comfy!
This is what I paid my admission for. This silver back was so cool. He climbed, effortlessly, up to the top of this 13meter tree stump. You can't tell from the picture but man was he high of the ground.
Then he stood up straight as if saying "that's right... this is my house, beeeatch!" Amazing creatures.
The city from the St. Kilda Pier. We went out to watch the penguins.
Our wonderful hosts.
This was on our trip along the Great Ocean Road.
Loch Ard Gorge. This was my favorite place on the Great Ocean Road.


There were lots of sheep farms along the way. The lambs are so cute...and tasty :P
The Twelve Apostles. Well, really there are only seven now. Eight when we were there but another one crumbled just a few days ago.
That is one wet family. It rained the whole day as we traveled the ocean road.

This reminded me of the occasional time you would see a group of white tail deer in the fall in Nova Scotia. Except this was Kangaroos in the spring in Victoria. Close though.

More to come... Maybe. This post took forever.


5 comments:

Ashley P Purdy said...

Great pictures. Looks like you had a great time in Melborne. I wish it was spring here. It is starting to get cold and I can't stand it:P

Anyway I am excited for more blogs.
Miss you all very much
xox Ashley

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures. The kids are getting so big!

Hope you guys are doing well!

Evelyne
xx

Anonymous said...

All the pics are awesome but my fave is the one iwth Bria on the pig!! I love it

Miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

oh the last one was from Renette

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Wow, it looks beautiful!
I'm glad you all had a wonderful time! Welcome back guys :)