Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I bet you thought this post was going to be about Melbourne!


Sorry... but really, Melbourne is a city. It has buildings, cars, streets, people, crazy people and noise. Now you know all about it. Just kidding... we had a great time and I would have posted about it tonight but something pretty neat happened here today. The lower part of Queensland State (where Brisbane is located) and the State of New South Wales was blanketed with a dust storm from the interior. It grounded flights and caused havoc with public transport, especially in Sydney where it was at its worst. Check out the pictures below. These were taken by a coworker of mine at lunch today.








I must say thought it was cool to go outside. It seemed as if your were stepping into a sci-fi film or onto Mars. We will post some Melbourne stuff next.


3 comments:

Dan said...

Awesome pictures, I'm kicking myself that I didn't go out and take any now!

Dan said...

And yes, I thought it was going to be about Melbourne! However that makes me feel slightly better as we still have to do our Melbourne post! :-/

Clotilde said...

Your friend took great pictures... however, I don't want to see the state of his lens now!!! My glasses were coated in dust after walking in CBD from 11:30 to 12. And my white skirt had an orange hem.