Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oh yeah... that's right... we still have a blog!


G'day mates!

So it's been a while since we last posted something. Sometimes you just need a break from blogging. But we're back.

I would love our first post back to be about something out of this world. Like, for instance, last week when Shamus wrestled a helpless surfer from the jaws of a 20 foot great white shark. Then swam the victim 2km to shore, only to have to perform CPR on him while rescuing a kitten from a tree. Or say, the other day, when Breagha single handily landed a 747 full of passengers after the crew had mysteriously vanished ... in a small farmers field no less! Those selfless acts were really something to see! But I feel if I start posting stuff like that I would just sound like a boastful father. And how cheesy is that... right? I suppose I will just have to stick with the more subdued day to day activities. I hope that will be fine with you guys.

Well the weather is getting better. What is the Aussie thing to do when the weather gets nice. The Beach! The group decided to do another beach day a couple of weekends ago. We headed to Woorim beach on Bribie Island. It was really windy and sadly it was a offshore wind so the water was just chop. No decent waves for body boarding. But that didn't stop us from trying.
Our two little Aussies! I love this pic. It really felt like a snapshot of the lifestyle here.

Breagha loves to dig in the sand. We buried the kids in the sand on the beach trip prior to this one ... so now that is a standard practice on a beach day.
This time we upped the ante. We decided to dig a spa down in the sand to shelter us from the wind. This is the initial excavation. In my opinion there were too many foremen and not enough labourers :)
What is a spa without a slide. The kids loved sliding into the hole and being thrown out by Rej. Rej is the highlight of any outing for the kids. He is like a walking amusement park! Thanks Rej.
The spa doubled as a race track later in the day. It was the envy of all the little boys. It constantly drew a crowd.
Look out! Shamus has entered the extreme sports world with his new Ben10 scooter. His first "death defying" stunt was the push and balance. Aaaaaahhhhh SNAP!
Unlike North America, fathers day is in September here. Shamus and Breagha both made me wonderful presents Then they and Mommy took me out for a wonderful breakfast on the waterfront.
Stacey and I laughed about this picture thinking that we are starting to look old(er)! So now I'm going to airbrush all pictures of us. Take that super models... I too can have beautiful skin like you!

I didn't want to say anything but I think the fame is going to Shamus' head. What 4 year old has an entourage?
This year Father's Day fell on Brisbane's 150th birthday. I was kind of upset with Brisbane. Us, hard working, dads get one day a year but, oh no, Brisbane had to steal our thunder... "ooooo look at me I'm 150 years old ... I'm a beautiful city".... bla bla bla. Whatever, I could turn 150 if I wanted to... but I just don't want to show off. The city had a celebration with people dressed in period costumes from long ago.
I wasn't going to let Brisbane show me up! I organised a little fathers day party of my own. What better way to shove it in the face of a pompous city than a bit of highland dancing. That's right ... East Coast Canada represent!

I must say though the city fought back admirably with their Tai Chi. Well played Brisbane. Well played indeed.

Take care everyone!



2 comments:

Kelly said...

So, I had no idea your kids wrestle sharks and fly planes too!! Wow, being a pushy parent DOES pay off, after all. Oops, gotta go--Chloe has her advanced theoretical astrophysics class in a few minutes, and I need to get Paul to his lesson with Yo Yo Ma. Oh yeah, Moira and Willow are meeting with Jim Flaherty at 9:30 am to try and clean up this whole economic mess he's gotten us into. I wonder if they'll get their turns on the Wii today?...

Anonymous said...

Sooooo glad your back blogging.Hope you all have a great trip to Melbourne say hi to Steve&Kari.Fireworks looked beautiful and happy fathers day Darryl.We will talk to you before we head out for Leamington,chow for now.MOMMA ROSIE