Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I was doing so well!!!!

First off, I was doing so well! I did a couple of posts in one week! But, here I am. Again. Unable to keep up with the Blog world.

How do people do it? Find the time?
I can't find it for some reason. Oh well!!
This is the best I can do!

We've been pretty busy the past few weeks. Darryl went down to Byron Bay with 5 mates. They had a great time from what I've been told. Then I flew to Melbourne on Thurs/Nov 26 for management meetings and then our company "Tradeshow and Gala" was on Sat/Nov 28.

Just like last year, it did not disappoint. Canada needs to take some pointers from the Aussies. They go all out here! The tradeshow is basically where we meet with all our preferred suppliers - they have booths set up for us to play games/win prizes. And of course tell us why we should sell they products. Great prizes - Ipods, Wii's, plane tickets, hotel stays, etc.
Of course all I won was a tshirt but I won it playing blackjack so I was happy!

Then that night we headed off to the Gala. And it was amazing. This year it was done like an awards show (every office had to make a movie and there was a "best movie of the year award,"). It was auditorium seating while we watched all the prizes be presented. My department was nominated for Team Of The Year. We made the top 4 so I was super pleased. We didn't win but, "It was just nice to be nominated". (that's what they say when they lose at the Oscar's, right?)

The dress code is quite strict. Must be suit/black tie only.
Some of my team getting ready for the award presentation...

Me with the other Stacey supervisor...
We like to confuse everyone but luckily the accents are very different!
I love getting dressed up! But, most of all - I like getting new shoes! Sad, I know. But, I do wear them to work sometimes so I get good use out of them!

The Gala rotates between Sydney and Melbourne each year. And the company always gets a famous Aussie involved. Last year was an "Australian Idol" singer. This year was TV Host
Tom Williams. Very BIG Deal to the Aussies!!!!! They all went CRAZY!
So, you can see why everyone went crazy:
This is him in the final show of "Dancing With The Stars". Not too shabby!

Tom was the MC for the evening.
Afterwards was food and dancing. And of course we managed a picture with Tom. He was pretty cool about it.
Not the best picture of my coworker, Angie. :)
So, there are 2 Stacey supervisor's on my team. Stacey Mac and Stacey Cav...as we're known.

And we just hired a 3rd Stacey! We're planning to have a whole team of Stacey's by 2011!
Stacey Cav, Stacey Ash, and me...
As mentioned, the company went all out. Great food, great service, well decorated room for the dinner/dance. Lots of fun.
The team with our boss, Allan.

And here are the crazy Kiwi's!!! They like to have a good time!
It was really wonderful. Thanks CWT.

Back to work now! I'm enjoying the 4 day work week but it's tough to get everything done in 4 days. Good news - we slow down until February now! So, quiet time. :)

Hmmm, ok. I'm done. Thanks for reading!

Hope everyone is getting ready for the holidays. Our tree is up so more posting to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,your dress is absolutely beautiful and Ellen would love the shoes.Glad you had a super time.Also glad for the update i was getting peeved waiting.Did Darryl quit updating?So far were having great weather here in Leamington,they say we won't get much for snow,i hope their right.Ceilidh got her beginers last week,hard to believe shes 16.Talk to you soon......Momma R

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Glad to see you had a great time in Melbourne :)!!
It's nice that your company does all that for their employees.
Looks like a lot of fun!
Mariana

Anonymous said...

You're forgiven Stace only because you look hawt like fire in that dress.!!!!

Happy Holidays to all of you!!!

Renette