Monday, March 15, 2010

I need to make it official

Hi all,

I just want to do a quick post to get everyone up to date with all that has been going on with us. I'm behind again with my posting but I'm blaming it on my cousin, Allister! He is a naughty influence on us. Keeping us up late and bringing beer and wine to the house! Poor Darryl did 3 nights in a row this week...out with coworkers and then with Allister and Sean. He's pretty tired today and so am I! But, we really enjoyed having family with us and taking him around the city. It worked out nicely as we showed Allister some of Brisbane - he's first time seeing it and probably our last! Which is the reason for the post. We're going home!!

We will be extremely sad to say good bye to our wonderful friends here and we love the way of life in Australia. But, I'm very excited to get home and see family and old friends. We were hoping to move home by July-ish so this is a bit earlier than we thought. But, we can't complain! Darryl started looking about a month ago and things moved very quicky after that. We'll be flying home the end of April and Darryl will start work with Ubisoft in Montreal the 10th of May. We are still getting to do our trip to New Zealand and we hope to stop in Sydney for a couple of days before we fly out.

And that is the MacPurdy update! I've been meaning to do an update for over a week now and can't seem to get the time on the computer. Sorry to everyone that has emailed in the last week or so....I promise, I always reply, I'm just behind! We have had a lot of things to sort out before we go and we also want to do a few things with the kids before we go....so not much computer time!

9 comments:

Clotilde said...

I would like to make it official that we will miss you guys. Hopefully we get to visit in Canada, probably August 2011 when we go for Rej's sister's wedding.

Our offer to adopt Shamus is still standing! ;)

Look forward to spending as much time together before you leave...

Tammi Hayne said...

What an adventure you've had, the experiences you've shared as a family will always be treasured but us Canucks want you back :-)
Will you be in the 'Nish at all when you return?

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Good luck with the move Purdys!! We know the feeling... Leaving Brisbane was sad in some ways and getting back home was nice too in some ways. Life keeps moving on and you will never regret of making the decission of living in Australia for a couple of years. Congratulations to Drryl for the job in Ubi in Montreal!
Once you're in this continent again we will have to start organizing the trip to Mexico for 2011 =) hehe!!

Nick Vona said...

Congradulations guys... Woot D.!!!

I hope your trip to New Zealand was as good as ours and your travels home are safe and easy...

It is sad to leave Oz but it is great to be home...

Anonymous said...

what..what what what what what what what what what whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ubisoft montréal? your coming back. to mtl.whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????????? wholey camolee thats BIG. are you moving back to your old house? hehehe.. I CAN BABYSITTTTTTTTTTTTT! wow.. wow wowowowowowowowow!! this is very exciting. are you gonna work at HRG? (or carlson.. ouhhh!! - their office is in Old port near my work.. fyi. hahahaha!!)...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES..

this is so exicing.
oh...i need to finish reading the message.. actually. i just read ubi mtl..maybe its not even that an you guys are not even moving back.. shite.

oh.. its jolyne by the way!!

Anonymous said...

i am trying to leave a post why isnt it posting?

Anonymous said...

LOLLL...Jolyne..are you something?

Very happy that you guys are moving back. I didn't expect Montreal though. I was expecting Vancouver or Toronto!!! This is very good!

We will see each other soon then!

Evelyne
xx

Anonymous said...

Wooooohoooo Stace and Darryl! Welcome back to Canada! But, I guess this means I won't get to make my trip to visit you "down under....."
Congrats on the move and job Darryl. Enjoy your last month there. NZ sounds awesome!
Cheryl & Greg

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you are coming back to Canada..... I don't think I've seen you guys in years!!!!! :)

XO

Renette