Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Our Mont Blanc adventure!

Hooooooray!!
This past weekend was our first trip to the skihills!! We got some fresh snow last week and the weather was very mild. So, we packed up the car and took off!!

We had a great time. We were able to get the kids in a 90minute ski lesson so that gave Darryl and I a few runs on our own which we loved. I was feeling nervous on my first trip down as I've only gotten out twice since I was pregnant with Shamus! Rusty. But, after that I was feeling pretty good. It was so great to get out and we're very happy that the kids enjoyed it too. We hope to go again in the next couple of weekends.

Breagha was a little scared at first but was going on her own by the end of the lesson.
Shamus seemed to be in a hurry! He just wanted to go.
They loved the "magic carpet ride" on the bunny hill.
Ahhhhh. So good. Love snowboarding. It's definitely my favorite sport. I hope the kids get into it so we can all enjoy it together!
Purdy didn't seem to miss a beat. And loved it too!


The kids instructor was great. After the lesson, we took the kids up and down the bunny hill a few times. They were going on their own but doing the "snow plough" most of the way. They're eager to go again so I'm thankful for that!!!
One of the best parts of being at the skihills...the lodge. Warming up, drinking hot chocolate, and back out again!

We had a wonderful weekend. Jolyne left the city to visit us in the suburbs! We got to take her sledding on Saturday morning. Thanks for the visit Jo! Saturday was busy with playdates and then we had little friends over for a sleep over. Sunday was on the skihill. Good times!

Back to reality on Monday! I'm busy at work and enjoying it. Darryl is very busy at work so we're still trying to balance everything. Making it work for now! We have to decide what we want to do long term but going with the flow for now!!

2 comments:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Oh yeah!!!! There you go guys.... It looks like a lot of fun!!!
I have never done ski or snowboard but I will want to try it once, at least to see how bad I suck =) hehe
Mariana

Clotilde said...

Looks like fun. The kids look quite comfortable on the skis for their first time. :)