Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Get your motor running.....

We are a little late posting this but oh well! We decided a couple weekends ago to take advantage of the beautiful weather and give Shamus a chance at learning to ride a two wheeler. That's right! No more training wheels!

I think it is safe to say that he surprised us and himself at how fast he caught on. He did it his first try. I ran with him for the first five meters, holding his seat. I let go and he was off. I pretended to hold on for his sake but he was riding solo. When I told him that I had let go "way back at the start" he was pretty pleased. I told him to try again and he did it all on his own. It was pretty exciting (for him and Stace and I). Check it out below:



Breagha saw how well Shamus did so she thought... "pfffft if he can do it... so can I". She asked to try without her training wheels. After supper we removed B's training wheels and tried her out in the parking lot at the back of our building. Let's just say that she needs a little more practice. She loved to look at her feet or her handle bar tassels or her shirt or the flowers passing by or her feet. Everywhere but straight ahead. I think we'll keep the training wheels on for at least the first part of the summer and see how it goes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job!!!! Thanks for posting the video, more please! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shamus,well done on your bike ride,congrats to you.Breagha it won't take long and you'll be flying on your own too.Will talk to you all soon, LOVE MOMMA ROSIE

Anonymous said...

Lol... Great!

Paul J