Thursday, June 28, 2007

Where has the Time Gone?

So, it's almost time for me to go back to work! I can't believe that Breagha will be a year soon. The time really did fly by. And that means that I go back to work - on July 9th to be exact. I've kind of got mixed feelings about it. I'm definitely looking forward to a real paycheck! And I'm going to have a home office and do 4 days a week. So, I like all that. But, I hate sending the kids off to daycare for so long. I'm sure it will all work out!

We've been quite busy the past week. Lots of car searching...yeah, we're buying a new car. Well, not new, but new to us! And Darryl started working on my home office. So, it's been busy around our house. Last weekend was St. Jean Baptiste so Monday was a holiday. And this weekend is Canada Day. And Monday is a holiday. Gotta love it!!

Last Friday we went to Darryl's Grandmother's in Dorval. We had a wonderful dinner and got to see some of Darryl's family. His uncle, half-uncle? Something like that....Anyhow, Fred has 3 girls so it was nice to see them.

This is Breagha with Gabriella. She's 8 and loves horses!

Breagha with Great Gramma Terri. (Darryl's gramma if you didn't figure it out)

Gaby, Breagha, and Erin. (Erin is almost 4)

Fred and the boys...and the girls playing with Breagha.

Dessert...ice cream! The best part of the meal for the kids!

So, Darryl was busy on Saturday with the home office so I decided to take the kids to the park. We got a kite from Aunt Cheryl and we decided to try it out. But, Shamus was more interested in the string...and teasing Indo with it! It was pretty cute! Shamus got a big kick out of watching Indo chase it.

Taunting poor Indo.

More "string" action.

We did go to the park with the kite but it wasn't quite windy enough and Shamus lost interest very quickly. He's new favorite thing at the park is the trampoline.


Breagha enjoying the warm weather in the backyard. It's been soooooo hot here lately. It was 34 yesterday and 37 with the humidex. Today is about 32. The Montreal summer is definitely here. I love when it's about 23-26 degrees...but any higher is getting really hot. BUT, I will never complain because our winter was way too long!!

It's suppose to rain a bit tonight so tomorrow should be cooler.

Breagha had her first trip to Daycare yesterday. (This was the kids before we left. And that's Shamus "posing" for the camera...eyes close and a BIG smile. Nice.) She spent an hour there with me. And today was an hour without me. She did pretty good. I thought she would cry the whole time...she's been very attached to me since our NYC trip. But, the instructor said that she cried a little on and off. That's excellent I think. So, next week will be a couple of hours each day and then full time on July 9!!! I hope she does well.

One more pic before we leave. I was kind of sad as this means that I have no more babies. sniff sniff. I have mixed feelings about it. I like that we don't have the midnight feedings and all that. But, I love new babies so I'm sad to see Breagha off to daycare. She still seems too small.

Oh well...nothing I can do about it! Like I said, Time Flies!!!

This weekend we were invited to Dave And Ksenija's for a Canada Day BBQ. And we're picking up the new car tomorrow. It's a 2004 Toyota Corolla. Sport. (that's important to Darryl)

That's been our busy lives. Next week is my last week before back to work. Not sure what I'll be doing!!!

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!! HAVE A KEITH'S...OR 2!




4 comments:

Cari said...

oh man...that "posing" face of shamus' is priceless! i have the pic you sent us, of the two of them on our fridge and he's making that face! too funny! i can't get over how happy breagha looks in every picture! is she ever cranky??

Anonymous said...

heehehehe.. it's not a 'yellow pimp mobile' is it? Darryl seems to like those... hmm! OH STAC, they are still babies xx J

Anonymous said...

Great post Stace.

I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things quickly.

Paul.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah Darryl, don't get the Bananamobile.

Paul.