Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Did You Know...

it's only 49 days until Christmas?
I know, I can't wait! I've always loved Christmas. We were pretty lucky growing up - we were never deprived in the gift department. Santa Claus and Mom and Dad were very generous. But, as an adult- Christmas became more than just gifts. I just love the preparation of Christmas...making the list, starting the shopping, buying the Christmas cards and wrapping paper, and getting some new Christmas CD's!
So, of course I was at the mall last weekend. And there's Christmas stuff everywhere! It was so exciting! And it's always fun to shop for a new season so of course I had to buy a couple of new hats for myself, mitts and hats for the kids...and 2 new Christmas CD's! And Darryl was kind enough to let me listen to the CD that day. I didn't have to wait until December 1 (that's the general rule)
I just enjoy the Christmas holidays. For me, it's a happy time of year. Christmas music just makes me smile. I think it's because my Mom always had the music cranked when I was a kid. It brings back good memories! I enjoy doing up Christmas cards while listening to the holiday music. And I know that the holiday season means being around family. Eating lots of turkey, pies, drinking wine and beer, and more eating!! Good times.
So, Happy Pre-Christmas and hope everyone is getting ready for the busy season ahead!!!
*********************************************************************************
Nothing to do with Christmas....I finished the "Cars" blanket for Shamus. It turned out well...Mom, you'd be proud!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey you just amaze me didn't know you were making it,beautiful JOB.

Cari said...

great job stace! shamus must love it!

Anonymous said...

aww cute blanket!
and omg, i have been listening to christmas music since summer then took a break for halloween adn im back now, hehe! i love christmas!
ashley

MacPurdys said...

Not sure who wrote the first comment, but ThAnkS!!!

Stac