Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Night at The Rink

We've been busy as hell this week!! Damn! We've been doing a lot of stuff around the house, I finished all my Christmas baking, past out our final Christmas gifts to the neighbors and friends, Christmas gifts/parties at the daycare, booked Shamus' Birthday party, had friends over to visit, decided to book tickets for Halifax on Dec26, and made our plans for the visit home! And managed to sqeeze in some good ol' family time with the kiddies!
I was very lucky with my vacation. I only worked 2 days this week and I'm off until Jan3. Darryl was off yesterday, today, and doesn't go back until Jan7. So, we're both getting about 2 1/2weeks. Gives us enough time to visit Duane and Cathy and then Tracy and John in Ottawa between Dec23 and Dec26. Then we fly home on Dec26. We only have 6 days at home but it's better than nothing!
So, we took tonight off and went to the outdoor rink with the kids. The weather was perfect and Shamus did amazingly well. He kept his balance really well on his skates and still managed to hit the puck with his hockey stick! I think he IS the next Sidney Crosby!

Breagha and I did some sledding while the boys went skating. I still need to get my skates out of the shed...which is impossible right now because of all the snow!! So, Dad went skating with Shamus and the girls did some sledding. And Breagha actually enjoyed herself. Maybe we'll turn her into an Outdoors Girl yet!


The boys having a Father and Son bonding moment.

Cutie B.

Sidney....I mean Shamus...having a little rest.

The big kids on the big kid hockey rink. We skate on the smaller one. The rinks are very well taken care of and it's great for all ages. The kids have a great time and it's free so anyone can get out and practice their skating.

So, we probably won't do another post until after Christmas. The next few days will be pretty busy and then we're flying home. Not sure when we'll be close to a computer...or have the time.

I hope everyone has a very, very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2008. We wish you lots of happiness and health in the new year and make the most of the time that you get with family and friends. We will be!!!

Happy Holidays!

Stac, Darryl, Shamus, and Breagha

1 comment:

Cari said...

Merry Christmas Guys! Have a lovely holiday and enjoy your trip to NS!

C.