Tuesday, December 11, 2007

O Tannenbaum

Hello all. What is new with the MacPurdy's? You may ask. Well, we journeyed far and wide ... braving the harshest of climates ... through ice, sleet, snow and Montreal traffic even. We explored the vastness of the northern Quebec arctic in search of the perfect Christmas Tree. Only after this epic journey did we realize that the perfect tree was across the street at our local tree lot. I wish we had checked there first. Oh well I'm sure Shamus' toes will recover from the extreme frost bite and I'm confident that I will regain the mobility in my left side (an injury I sustained after falling into a 40 foot ice ravine). Miraculously Stacey and Breagha seem unharmed ... although Breagha does only seem to walk in small circles to the left now. But we got a tree!!!


"Mom, this is a blue pine. It is native to the northern regions of the Canadian shield..."
Because of the extreme cold we endured ... Shamus' face is actually permanently frozen in this position.
Sadly Breagha actually chose to make this face ... It isn't a result of flash freezing.
Dad's tradition of walking the Christmas tree home still happens. I at least bought it dinner and a drink first.
"If you just tilt your head like this... and squint your eyes... you can see where the gaps in the lights are"
Shamus' first time putting ornaments on the tree. He was pretty excited. The tree seemed mildly embarrassed.
I wish Stacey would stop hanging her pantyhose out to dry all over the house.
Shamus trying to put the angel on the tree...Dad trying to put Shamus on the tree...Breagha trying to put Dad on the tree...and the tree was trying to retain a speck of dignity from having that ridiculous outfit of bright lights and shiny ribbon forced upon it. What would his outdoor friends think of him now?
O Tannenbaum
"ok... let's go get another one!"


6 comments:

MacPurdys said...

Ok, I have to write a comment on my own blog!! Darryl posted this after I went to bed last night and I have to say that I laughed pretty hard after seeing Shamus and Breagha's "face expressions". Heheeee Too funny!! And Darryl definitely has natural "blogging humour"!

Well done Babe!!

Anonymous said...

what cute pictures, your tree looks gorgeous! adn i love Darryls exciting writting style!

-ashley

Anonymous said...

Okay I love the play by play Darryl!!! Too funny. I found myself looking for more........ what a nice read!!!
The tree looks great guys=)
Jenn

Cari said...

i have to agree...great posting! gave me a good laugh! the tree looks so nice and as always your house looks very christmasy!
C.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!! nice ;-)

I'm glad the tree got dinner and drinks before at least !!

xx Jolyne

Anonymous said...

what a great little laugh this story was, started my day of with a big smile!!!
awesome pics!! awesome storyline!!! and awesome tree!!!
love you guys
jo