Thursday, January 24, 2008

Busy Days....

Just wanted to give you an update on the family move. We're pretty swamped with trying to get everything done. Some things have finally been confirmed - like our date of travel, tickets booked, hotel in LA, apartment when we arrive...so it's now a lot of last minute stuff.
We're flying out of Montreal on January 29 and we're all going together. I went for my 2nd opinion last Friday for my eye and the doctor said that he thinks that I should wait. So, that's the plan. I'll give my left eye time to heal and do the surgery in Brisbane. Shitty to be going with only one eye done, but not the end of the world. At least we all get to travel together now so that's a bonus.
We'll be arriving in LA around noon on Jan 29 and we're going to stay the night. Thought this would help break up the trip and give the kids time to burn off some energy!! We fly out of LA on Jan 30 at 23:55 and it's a 14hour flight to Brisbane. Pretty long but we're hoping the kids will sleep a bit..and I hope I sleep too! I'm not a great sleeper so I'm realllllly hoping that I'll get a couple of hours of sleep.
We haven't sold the car yet but Duane has been kind enough to offer his assistance. He's going to take the car back to Ottawa and try and sell it for us.
We got another offer on the house this week (first offer fell thru...they didn't get the $$$ from the bank) and I think we're taking it. It's a nice feeling to see some progress.
And most importantly - we found a home for Indo!! One of my coworkers is going to take him so I'm soooo happy. Very sad that we will be losing him but glad that he has a new home.
My last day of work is tomorrow. That will be nice!! I'll be sad to say Good bye to my friends at work but maybe a couple of them will come visit!
I went out last Friday to have food/drinks with my "Mom" gang. And then Darryl and I went out on Saturday to have drinks with some coworkers.
Tonight was dinner at Preetha and Joe's and as usual, every night has been - pack, clean, throw out, give away, pack, throw away...pack...clean...you get the picture.
So, it's now 23:55 and time to get back to work! I work in the city this week so I have to get up early so better Bust A Move!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nerds

Steve

Tammi Hayne said...

Wishing you safe travels!!!