Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Is anyone Out There? Hello?

I feel so out of touch.....

Hi All. Well, we moved into our apartment on Monday. Steve took Monday off work...thanks Steve!! And he took the kids and I to our new place, then he took us shopping for a few things. The only problem with our temporary apartment is that we have to pay for each hour that we use the internet and it's pretty expensive. Also, it is a crappy connection. We weren't able to open up our email earlier. And we just tried to do a new post 3 times and we lost the connection. So, this is my 4th time trying to post something....I'm now at Steve and Cari's because our internet sucks. And our phone is through the internet too so we don't have much contact with the outside world!! We're working on it but we won't be able to make any phone calls anytime soon. Sorry folks!!

Things are going well. Sorry Jo - no pics. We took pictures while we were in LA but that's it. And we haven't down loaded them yet. We suck...we haven't opened up the camera case since we got here. But, maybe it's because the weather has been really shitty. Well, Steve doesn't agree. Brisbane has been in need for lots of rain....well, they're getting it!! So Steve is happy to see all the rain but all the rain is making me shack happy! It's been tough for the kids and I to get out.

We did get to see some of the city on the weekend. It seems like a nice city. We had a BBQ on Sunday (at Steve and Cari's) and we got to meet a few people...and see Vic and Jeff again! But, it's been raining pretty much since Saturday/Sunday so it's been tough to get out.

Darryl really likes his new company. The kids and I went to the office yesterday and everyone seemed very friendly. And he's working on a cool project. So, he's pretty happy!

Thanks for all the comments on our last posts!! I wish we had our internet working but no luck. So, I don't think we'll have much access to email/blogging until we get our own place. Sorry Folks!

Hope everyone is well. The kids are adjusting from the jetlag and sleeping pretty good. But, they're a bit cranky at times so I hope it's just the adjusting period! And we're all up pretty early. I can't seem to stay awake past 9pm and we're up at 5-6am! Wide awake. It's bright very early and dark around 6ish.

Ok, that's it!! I better go since I'm "borrowing" from Steve and Cari!!! I hope everyone is great and we miss you lots!!!!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi guys!
Hang in there...its just raining so that you are forced to get your sleep schedules all sorted out! Once you're all caught up, the sun will come out and you'll have a great time! We're all thinking about you!
Take care,
Kelly:)

Anonymous said...

All sounds like an adventure to me!

Paul.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stace,

Would you rather spend 1 hour dressing up the kids in their snow suits and go out to the cold winter(just had an other storm here) or wait a couple of days for the rain to stop and then get a beautiful sun with a temperature of about 28-30 degrees!!!

yeah I would know what to pick from that!!

I am sure it will get easier for you guys once you are settled!

Evelyne
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Stac,
I have been checking every day your blog to see how is everything. I am glad that you are all settling in and that Darryl likes his job. I can't wait to skype you guys. I guess it might take longer with internet connections in your new apartment.
I can't wait to see some pictures of your new place and the area.
We miss you so much and lots of hugs and kisses.
Take care
Nina Helena Dave and Ksenija
Do you have phone number there? Let me know I can give you a call sometimes too,

Tammi Hayne said...

Thanks for trying so hard to do an update Stac. We're all checking in to see how the MacPurdy Clan is fairing down under. Even if you can update once a week we'll get out fix :)

So glad Darryl loves his new job and chin up, the weather will improve!