Saturday, February 9, 2008

Is that sun I see...

Oh yeah!! The sun came out! The rain hasn't completely stopped...there's been some rain the last couple of days. But, we got out of the apartment so I'm very happy!

The kids and I went to the city beach on Wednesday. It's actually a man-made beach but it's really great. Surrounded by palm trees so you can't go wrong. Shamus didn't come out of the water!! We took the city cat (the ferry) to South Bank (where the beach is) and enjoyed the stroll thru the city. The hills are killing me though!! It's pretty exhausting! But, it's great to get out and see the city.

Again, we are very limited with the internet/email so bare with us until we get our own place.

Here are a couple of pics of the last couple of days....

The city....on the way to the city cat....




And here is the beach in South Bank. It was so perfect for the kids. I'll definitely been spending some days there...



The kids were pretty tired after the day in the sun.


And today we went to Bribie Island. It's about an hour north of Brisbane. We are lucky that Steve and Cari and Rej and Clo have cars....we hitched a ride with them!! Thanks guys!

And we all got to try the body boards. I didn't do too well but I finally got one good ride. I'll need some more practice!

Clo and Shamus taking a stroll.


This is a bit blurry but I liked it...a good shot of Cari and Jesse. Jesse didn't come out of the water all day.

Shamus needed a nap...he was cranky when we got there. But, the sleep helped alot and he ended up really liking the waves. Was nervous at first!! And then he and I got knocked over by one wave and I almost lost him!! No worries, we survived. : )


And B and I taking a stroll.

I like this one too. Steve chillin'. And Clo, Rej, and Cari enjoying the water.

And snack time!!

So, we're getting into the swing of things. Darryl really likes his new company and the kids and I are getting familiar with the city. I'm really glad that the rain has slowed down because it was tough for us to get out the first few days.

Tomorrow we may go to one of the city markets as I really need a sun hat. And I lost my sunglasses today....totally sucked. The water ate them up when Shamus and I got caught up in the wave. sniff...sniff. I least I didn't lose Shamus so we're good!!

Hope everyone is well and keep in touch!

5 comments:

Clotilde said...

Hey Stacey, we too had a great day hanging out at the beach with the Dickinsons and you guys!!! What a great day! I really needed to load up with sunshine after all this rain. We'll have to do it again.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything in the mean time.

Anonymous said...

FEB.10 Hi guys we were so glad to talk to you on friday,happy to see you posted some pics and updated, we will keep an eye out for new ones.Cheryl and crew were down for a couple of days nice to see everyone.Dad goes back on wednesday morning and i'm going to do some projects i've been putting off.Glad to be home my self and will keep you updated on Kevin as things happen.Hugs&kisses to all.....Mom

Anonymous said...

The kids look like they are enjoying themselves, looks like allot of fun.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you need to get a sun hat! I hope you have your sunscreen on too! I am going to go shovel some snow now.....

Miss you guys...

Love Cheryl

Anonymous said...

boo hoo lost your shades!!! guess we will have to get you another pair!!! love your cover up you have on in the pic of you and B!!
those pics are so neat of the city, looks so fun, what an experience
talk to you soon
jo