Sunday, April 13, 2008

Darryl's Very Happy Birthday!!

Darryl's birthday was on Friday...Happy Birthday Babe!!...so I decided to let the kids take on the whole cake baking task. We all really enjoyed ourselves and they did a super job!

Very serious about their cake-making job!

The final result! Shamus picked out the candles we used and the sprinkles.

Darryl relaxing outside while we got his candles lit! (this is the front of our house by the way...and yes, I will post house pictures soon!)

Shamus loved singing Happy Birthday! He loves to sing. I think he got that from Uncle Archie...heheee

Of course Shamus and Breagha loved the choclate cake.

So, I had a little birthday surprise for Darryl. I had made plans with a babysitter (a girlfriend of Darryl's coworker...and Breagha LOVES her so a big bonus) to come over after supper and hang with the kids. While I took Darryl out on a harbour cruise. It was really nice!

This is the walk down to the docking area...the city is beautiful at night.

There are restaurants, cafes, pubs, etc all along the waterfront.

The Story Bridge. No idea how it got it's name.

On the top of the boat. It was a beautiful way to see Brisbane at night. The water was so calm. The cruise also included dinner and live entertainment so a super evening with my honey!

The view from the boat. Not sure the name of the bridge.

We had a wonderful evening and I hope Darryl had a nice birthday!!

...and see my Races pics below!....More fun!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the last bridge that you're not sure the name of is the William Jolly Bridge.

Happy belated birthday to Darryl!

Clo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Darryl..I thought of you on the day but forgot to send a message. Went to Ottawa on Saturday for my sisters bday ! (you guys are 1 day appart). xoxox Jolyne
ps-stacey check your emails. I will email you ;-)

Kelly said...

Hi Guys!
Happy Birthday again Darryl(d)! It looks like you guys are having lots of good times. Love the cake-making photos--tell Shamus and Breagha it sure looks like they did a good job!
Oh! Thanks for linking to our blog. It's kind of fun!
Take care,
Kelly :)

Anonymous said...

Hey.. Happy birthday Darryl..

I happy that you guys finnaly found a house... i cant wait to go visit.. I really miss u guys, not the same without your around.. I cant beleive Breagha found someone she likes more than me!!!! You should show her some pictures of me and remind her that she use to like me a lot. Well hope everybody is enjoying themselves in Australia, you all seems very happy. Sorry i did not take the time to write before, but i do take the tim and check the blog once in while... So when are you coming back??? Take care and say hi to everybody. xxxxx Karine

Anonymous said...

Great post, great pics, and great looking chocolate cake (even though I'm fussy about my food) I would eat it.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Oh s*it, I forgot... Happy Birthday Darryl!

Anonymous said...

P.S It was me, who just wished you happy birthday.

Paul.