Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just some odds and ends...

I took the kids to NewFarm Park yesterday. Great park...this is usually where we have our outside BBQ's. And has the big playground.

So, Shamus has been doing really well lately - making friends at the park...playing with other kids. Yesterday he met a girl named Caitlin. She's about 4 - 4 1/2. They were having lots of fun and I was hanging with them...pushing on swings and all that good stuff. I'm chatting with her and she says to me...in her Aussie accent, "why can't you talk properly?" heheeeee
I thought it was pretty funny! I asked her, "I don't talk properly?" "No, why can't you?" she asked me again.
Thought it was really funny. She doesn't like my Canadian accent I guess!!

One more thing -
Before we left Montreal, Jolyne gave us a book called, "Best of Canada". I just finished it and it was awesome!! What an amazing country! It's so beautiful.
I really thought that I had seen a fair bit of Canada. Been to Cape Spear (outside St. John's) which is the most eastern point of North America. Been to the NWT, seen the beautiful Northern Lights. Amazing to see. Been thru parts of BC, AB - got to snowboard in Banff and Whistler!! Seen lots of Ontario....damn big province! Seen lots of Quebec - Love Quebec City the most!! And of course traveled thru the Maritimes. But, haven't been to Saskatchewan and now I want to go there!
Did you know that there's a desert there? Well, it's not exactly a desert, but it certainly displays many of the characteristics of desert terrain. It's really neat to see.

So, check out the book and plan your family vacation. The book with written by Jeff Hutcheson. He's on Canada AM. The photos are amazing. It will truly make you appreciate all that Canada has to offer. Even in the snow!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi guys!
Saskatchewan....hmmmm...seems I've been there before. There is a lot to see there--on your way to the Rockies! Seriously, there are some BEAUTIFUL places, especially in the South of the province. We're thinking about going to Quebec City to take in some 400th anniversary events this summer! Miss you guys! The house looks lovely.
Take care,
Kelly:)

Ashley P Purdy said...

OMG i actually went to a place you didn't hehe i feel kind of special! but you know you still beat me! anyways i miss you very much love you xox
ashley