Monday, May 19, 2008

Roma St. Parkland

So, last week was quite busy. The kids and I have a pretty busy "playdate" life during the day. Which is great. Mostly moms from Darryl's company. And one Aussie that I met a couple of weeks after we arrived...we usually hook up once a week. We also got to one of the Museums in South Bank last week. It was realllyyy excellent! We didn't get to see everything so I really want to get back there soon and take Darryl with us.

Darryl's been working a lot lately as they have a deadline coming up. So, he worked over the weekend but we did manage to slip in some family time. We went to Roma Street Parkland. Very nice. We went on Sunday and damn it was windy!! I think it was the first time we all had to dress warmly. The wind was quite cold. Kind of like a fall day at home...sunny but still chilly.

The park is really beautiful.....



I thought this pic was really cute.

These trees were really cool....looked like a giant pineapple!! The trunk of the tree is super big.

Ahhh, the closest I'm going to get to a Canadian Autumn in a while!! This tree really looked like a Maple Leaf tree and the leaves were changing colours...which you don't get here. There's not really a Fall here. So, I was really excited when I saw it!


Of course a day isn't complete without stopping at the playground. I really like that all the parks/gardens here have playgrounds. There's always something for the kids. And of course there are BBQ's and picnic tables. And everyone just drinks openly. I've asked a few Aussies if drinking in public places is legal. It isn't...but the cops are very laid back about it. As long as people aren't out of control, don't break any bottles...that sort of thing...the cops just let them be. So, there's always drinking at the Parks.

Breagha is still obsessed with the swings. She'd sit on them all day I'm sure!


So, we really enjoy Roma St. Parkland. It was very nice.

Just wanted to add these...

I took this pic last week...when the kids and I went to South Bank. I didn't realize how tall Shamus was getting. Thought this was a cute pic!!


Shamus is still in love with the movie "CARS". Asked me to take a picture of his Cars...all from the movie of course.


And Miss B got her very own potty on the weekend! She was pretty excited about it, had to strip off the diaper, but has no interest in actually using it yet!
She's been telling us when "something's about to happen" but doesn't want to get rid of the diaper. So, we're hoping that the potty will win her over. I don't know...she's so darn stubborn that I think this battle may be a tough one!!!

We go camping this weekend! Can't wait but it's going to be really cold. It's about 20 during the day but the mornings and evenings are getting quite cool. So, it will be like camping in Sep/Oct at home. Pretty chilly!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello to all,looks like you guys had fun but where are miss Breagha's sunglasses? I like the pic of Shamus&Breagha .Thanks for the late night phone call also,haha......LOVE MOMMA ROSIE

Kelly said...

Hi guys!
Great pictures! Congratulations on your new potty, Breagha! Moira has one too! Stacey and Darryl, let me know if you discover any magic tricks that work! Miss you all!
Take care,
Kelly :)

Anonymous said...

Hello to all!
I was working in the babyroom this week and I went to put a baby in Breagha's crib and thought I saw her in there, it was very weird!
Anyway, just wanted to say we miss you a lot at the daycare!! The kids are growing so much! They look so cute!

Stephanie
from West Island Daycare