Saturday, July 5, 2008

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY BREAGHA!

Yesterday we celebrated Breagha's 2nd birthday!!! I can't believe she is 2 already! Time really does fly by. And she is a wonderful little 2 year old! Although she keeps saying that she is 3!! We didn't have a big birthday party. Thought we would just keep it the 4 of us. Breagha got to pick what she wanted to have for her birthday dinner and then we had the cake and presents!!

The kids love to help out in the kitchen.

I think it needs a touch of salt Dad.

And the results...PANCAKES!! Breagha's favorite. Pancakes with bananas. I'm sure the kids would have pancakes for every meal.

Some birthday cake for desert. Yummmmmy.

And time for the presents!! Breagha is really into Dora right now so lots of Dora stuff. And of course big brother Shamus is the middle of everything....helping out with the gifts. :)

A talking Dora and Backpack!!

And a little gift from Shamus. Elmo. Breagha loves him too.

Later on the Dickinsons landed over with a gift for B too. Very nice of them.

Of course Steve has to be goofy in all his pictures!! Too cool Steve! Breagha got a little cute doll from Cari and Steve. And some educational toys! Always important. Thanks guys.

And even Shamus got a little something!! Very thoughtful! So, B had a nice 2nd birthday.

Both kids have been under the weather this week and Shamus is still a bit sick today. Good times. Hopefully they will be better by Monday because they start at a new daycare! Yeap. The kiddies are going back to daycare because I got a new job. Oh yeahhhh. Back to the real world of working! I got a supervisor position with Carlson Wagonlit....it's a corporate travel company. Very similiar to my old company...but Carlson was always the competition! I start on July14 so the kids start daycare on Monday - gives me a week of getting them back into the daycare routine. I've been having very mixed feelings about going back to work. One day I'll be really excited about going back - learn some new stuff, challenge the brain a bit! And I always enjoyed working...even when it sucked!! But then some other days I think of how much I've enjoyed the time home with the kids. I'm really glad that I took the full year off after they were born. And now I had 5 months home with them. So, I really can't complain. It's been really great.

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how the new job works out!! Crossing my fingers! I can always quit and have Darryl start a 2nd job!! :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Breagha! That cake sure looks yummy! Pancakes too--how lucky! We miss you!
Love,
Auntie Kelly, Uncle Brendan, Chloe, Paul and Moira

Ashley P Purdy said...

Happy Birthday to my little Aussie cousin:P Looks like it was a fun day! She is getting so big, Shamus too! well congrats on getting that job, if only I could come work with you! anyways love you all xoxo

Ashley

Anonymous said...

so many pics, i am way behind!!!! so much to say, so little time,
happy belated bday breagha!!!!
glad you like your new job chicka, you'll never be out of shape with all that walking!!! love all the different pics, cant wait until i come and see it in person
love you guys and miss you more
jo