Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Workin' 9 to 5, What a Way to Make a Livin'

I started my new job yesterday. So far, so good. But, it's training week. Which means this is the easy stuff. It will take a while for all of us to get back into the whole "2 working parents" routine. Waking the kids, rushing out the door, rushing to daycare, and then to work! And we walk everywhere so it takes a while. It's about a 30minute walk to the daycare. And then it's about 25minutes for me to walk from the daycare to work. Not so bad for Darryl as the daycare is near his office. So, lots of walking still happening! And it's been quite muggy here the last couple of days. I did my hair this morning and by the time I got to work it was a mess!! Awful! And so frizzy!!! Nasty indeed. :)

I think I'll like the job though. I was always used to working directly with the travel agents but my new job is being the supervisor for support roles. This just means that the staff aren't really on the phones. So, none of the whole, "take another call", "hurry and finish up your call"...that sort of thing. I know my HRG/BTI crew understand what I'm talking about. There's not as much stress on the support team. So, I hope things work out. It's a very new department with a new manager. And me and another guy are the first supervisors on the team. So, lots of things to figure out, build some structure for the team...but I think it will be good. I hope!!

I have a lot to learn but hopefully things will fall into place. My manager seems really great. She is really about helping the staff. She's not all about statistics. So, we'll see how I'm doing in a couple of months!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to all,glad you enjoyed TARTAN DAY it looked very nice.I guess i;ll have to admit DARRYL still looks pretty good also(haha).I;ve been flat out as wayne mac lellan says,the kitchen is almost finished just the baseboard to go ,ive been painting for days my hands and arms feel like they grew a mile lately.Everything is looking good though i will get cheryl to post pictures when she comes down next.Im taking MOM home in a couple of days so it will be busy there,Kevin is arriving today sometime so shes getting pretty ansious.I will call you guys on the weekend.....LOVE MOMMA ROSIE

nil said...

Hi there just read some of your updates...

First off your pics of your family and houses are great...ever think about going into real estate Stace I think you could make a sell haha!!!

Seondly, kudos for both working parents...don't question your decision or hesistate on it that creates negative energy and then it will never work out. You guys are doing awesome you should be very proud!!! The kids will thank you for it someday...you are an inspiration to all.

Take care of yourselves and god bless!!!

Car