Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just Too Darn Busy!

I can't seem to keep up with the blog these days!! I thought I better at least write a note so everyone knows we're still kickin'! It's been hard to find free time these days.

Last week I worked the 1030am-7pm shift. (I rotate between 7am-330pm and 1030am-7pm) I worked late on Monday and Tuesday. Home on time for Wednesday. Thursday night Darryl and I went to a movie (we figured we need to keep the babysitter in the picture). Friday night was my first outing with work. They had drinks and food for the staff at a bar a couple of blocks from the office. Good time. Then Saturday morning was up and about early to pick up a car rental as we had a few errands we wanted to do outside the city. Rush back to the city arond 3pm so we could pick up some snacks and go see RiverFire. We met up with Steve and Cari, Rej and Clo, and Nick and Mariana. Riverfire is a festival in Brisbane and there is a great fireworks show on the Saturday night. Amazing stuff. So, we walked down to the Botanical Gardens to watch the fireworks. Nick and Mariana were kind enough to get there early and grab a spot for everyone. Thanks Guys!! I think the fireworks were the best I've seen yet. They do a huge show downtown and the fireworks also go off the Story Bridge and off the top of some buildings downtown. Very cool.

Soooooo, then we took off early on Sunday morning to do some hiking with Shamus and Breagha. We drove about an hour out of the city...on the way up the coast...to the Glass House Mountains. Some great hiking there. We had a great time with the kids. And got to see a few things along the way....lizards and snakes and birds. I'm not too keen on the whole snake thing though because they can be extremely dangerous. Very poisonous. A bit scary!!

We headed back to the city around 3pm and it was just enough time for me to rush off to the grocery store to put in a huge grocery order!! Took advantage of having a car!! And then back home to get supper rollin'!! We were having friends over for dinner on Monday night so Sunday was spent getting the food ready. I was back to work on Monday (Darryl was off because he's company moved offices over the weekend. Lucky bugger) and rushed home so I was ready for Felicity, Nigel, and the kiddies, Tycho and Seraphie. (Felicity and I met about 2 weeks after we arrived in Brisbane...she also took me dress shopping for my Pandemic Pary dress!!) Tycho and Shamus are the same age and have a great time together so it was nice for they to hang out.....it's been tough since I've been back to work so they haven't seen much of each other.

And that's been the last 8-9 days! Pretty busy and I can't seem to find the time to post pics of all the activities!! I'll try but can't promis anything! :) This week I work 7am-330pm so I'll have more free time in the evenings. We'll see how it goes!!

Lots of news at home these days - Ray and Kendra had a baby boy - Cole Hillier Grant. Congrats to them!! Everyone is doing well. Adam and Tammi are expecting their 1st....so super exciting! Darcy and Erin should be parents soon!! Good luck guys! Annnnnd, Darryl's sister Kelly is due very soon too! Lots of baby action these days!
Good luck to everyone!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi Guys!
I had to relax after just reading your post! Sounds like life is pretty busy on the other side of the globe! Thankfully, most of us like being busy, eh? No baby news yet--the little darling seems to want to take his/her time like my other darlings did! Anyway, glad to hear things are good!
Take care,
Kelly :)