Sunday, September 7, 2008

Picture post!

Hey everyone,

We are slacking a bit on the blog. Stacey gave you a "cole's notes" version of our last few weeks. This post will be the picture equivalent of that post ... with a few additions.

In case no one is aware, we moved into a new office for my job last week. Pretty frickin' sweet. I will post some pics this week (whether you want them or not... hehe). The new office looks like something out of a design magazine. Really nice. The reason I tell you this is that we were supposed to do the move a couple of weeks ago and the company was giving us a long weekend so they could organize it. Some of the flooring got held up in customs so the move was delayed but because my company is very cool they still gave us the long weekend and another one last weekend when the move finally took place. Pretty cool.

So to make a long story longer, a few of the guys from work decided to take advantage of that first long weekend and climb a mountain... literally. An Australian mountain that is. We're not taking the Alps here but it was still pretty awesome and demanding. It is called Mt. Tibrogargan. It is part of the Glass House Mountains just north of Brisbane. They are a range of volcanic plugs.

Also for my first Father's Day (different date here) in Australia I ran my first road race this morning. The Bridge to Brisbane is a 10km annual fun run that they have here in the city for charity. It is a huge race. This year they had about 36 000 entrants. You should have seen the starting line. I was very pleased with my time. I unofficially finished in 49:29. My goal was to finish it in about 50 mins. For my first race I am pretty happy. Stacey and the kids also suprised me yesterday with a new rash shirt for the beach and some running supplies. I'm a little tired now but it was a great fathers day weekend.

Ok so this is not really the "Picture post!" that I claimed it was. I can't beleive that I have written this much. Sorry you had to wade through all this dribble. I know you only come for the pretty pictures... so with out further a do ... I give you ....

THE PICTURES!!!

Guys climb up Mt. Tibrogargan








The intrepid voyagers at the summit. Morgan, Jeff, Me, Steve and Dan.

River Fire


Nick and Mariana were kind enough to get to the botanical gardens and save us some prime realestate for the fireworks. Nick works at Pandemic as well.





Steve and Cari's blog has some good shots of the fire works. We didn't get much worth posting so check out their blog :)

Family hike to Glass House Mountains








This little guy (about 3 feet long) is called a Gowana Lizard. They can grow pretty large and they are fast too. He went 12 feet up the tree in about 2.5 seconds.




Race Day



Me, Steve and Mike Yeomans (and Shamus ... of course). Mike works with Steve and I at Pandemic. Another Canadian. Steve finished first in just over 45 mins, Mike next at 48 mins followed by me at 49 mins.

2 comments:

Ashley P Purdy said...

Hey Darryl, congrats on the run, sounds like it was pretty wicked! The River Fire thing looked pretty sweet too, I love fireworks so I would have loved to have seen them. Hope everyone is doing great, miss you all

Lots of Love xoxox
Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hi greetings from Sudbury.Darryl congrats on your race you did awesome.I didnt recognize Steve in the photos he is some THIN.We have a new phone #705-674-5832.I'm going to call tomorrow seems like forever since i talked to you guys.LOVE MOMMA ROSIE