Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tradeshow and Gala


I had my company Tradeshow and Gala on Saturday in Sydney. This is what CWT (my company!) does each year...has a tradeshow and then the big gala. It was quite nice. I've been having issues at work...which most of you reading this probably already know! So, I wasn't too excited about going, but at the same time, I was looking forward to having some fun! :)

The tradeshow is basically airlines, hotel companies and a couple of car rental companies...they sponsor the party and do the tradeshow. It was actually pretty fun. Most of the booths had a cool set up and there were some great prizes...like airline tickets...that I never won! :(

Twister anyone?

Cathay Pacific reps arguing about the Roulette winner....hmmm, wasn't me!

And British Airways with Crown and Anchors...kind of felt like The Price Is Right because they changed it around and you had to land on the $100.00 bill. My group was definitely one of the loudest...we did lots of cheering! Fun!

I didn't get to see much of Sydney but our convention was on Darling Harbour so a very nice view.


Let the party begin!!!
Some of the girls getting ready at our hotel. I almost lost my suitcase. Oh yeah, it got dropped off at the hotel (while we were at the tradeshow) and then some woman took off with it. By luck this all happened after I got back to the hotel and I saw her outside the hotel with MY suitcase. The guy working at the front desk had to go out and get her to come back in. Ohhh, that would of sucked!


The Gala was really, really nice. Much more formal than I thought it would be. I felt like I was at the Oscars....our CEO got up, did a speech, and then started announcing the awards. (2000.00 voucher towards travel per winner...again, not me)

That's our CEO. I was impressed with the decorations.

Me and the other supervisor, Dan. Although he stepped down about a month ago...leaving me on my own! Very funny guy.

Me and the other Stacey. Yeap, there are 2 of us!!


One of the highlights of the night was the band....
not sure how much it cost, but the company got an Australian Idol contestant, Ricki Lee. Apparently it was a pretty big deal.
She sang some good songs so I got in lots of dancing. Very nice.


And then back home on Sunday. Ohhh, I was tired when I got home. But, it was a really good time. I met lots of nice people from other offices across Australia and we all had a great time together.

Back to work on Monday and then Darryl's Christmas party is Saturday!!!

2 comments:

Clotilde said...

Sounds like a fun party! I think you've landed with a pretty good company to work for Stacey!

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

I am glad you had a good time. It looks that everybody enjoyed the party. And good company too ... Keep it on..