Thursday, November 20, 2008

Storm... we don't need no stinkin' storm


Well I must say that this week has been eventful... nature-wise. We have had three storms in the last five days. Quite serious storms as well. Man, can Mother nature kick your ass when she wants to. Reg and Clo's area (the Gap) was one of the worst places hit. Luckily their house is still standing albeit their lot has a lot less shade now though. I will let some pictures do the talking.


STORM # 1 BREWING SOUTH OF THE CITY SUNDAY AFTERNOON



The storm has Brisbane in her crosshairs






Storm 1, so far, was the most destructive. It ravaged the Gap and left thousands with out power for days. If you really want to see how powerfull the first stom was check out the video below:



Make sure you watch the whole thing to get the full effect



STORM # 2 STARTS TO BUILD LATE WEDNESDAY EVENING.

This one didn't have all the power of the first but damn did it bring the rain. 250mm in a couple of hours.







STORM # 3 HIT TONIGHT. THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20.

The kids and I just beat this guy home. Stacey luckily got to commute through it ... Thankfully the buses were still running. This one had some intense lightning and also added to the flooding and destruction.





This last flood pic is right outside Pandemic Studios (my work). Where that lady (on the right) is standing is the start of our parking lot... just about where my parking spot is.


This last pic pretty much sums up the shear size of these storms. I was going to post a video of the lightning but it was taking to long to upload... and I want to go to bed. Maybe I'll add it tomorrow.

ciao!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIkessssssssss those are some crazy storms! at first i thought you guys took those pictures... haha! i was like wow! good camera! heheeh... Hey is Darryl doing MO-vember this year??? hehehehe...

xoxox Jolyne

MacPurdys said...

No I didn't take the pics.... I wish I had. There are some awesome snaps there. Yes I am doing Movember. I will post a pic at the end of the month to show off my MO!!!

Kelly said...

Hi there folks:
Awesome storms,wilder than our worst snowstorms.Those crazy guys sounded like they were having a ball!
Love Mom Purdy

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Guys,
Those are a hell of storms!! Pretty impressive pictures. I can't beleive I am missing them all. Oh well, I think I am safer here in Mexico and whenever I get back hopefully they will pass on.

Anonymous said...

These storm photo's have finally convinced me to move to Brisbane. We never have decent storms in Montreal.

Snow storms... boring!

Paul
AKA Anonymous