Sunday, November 16, 2008

A typical weekend with the MacPurdys...

A typical weekend in Brisbane is time spent at the beach with the kids. We went to South Bank yesterday and it was probably the best the kids have done in the water since we moved here. They were jumping in the water with no problem at all and "swimming" around for most of the day. This of course means that Darryl and I were also in the water the whole time with them so I have hardly any pictures! But, I'd rather see them have fun in the water then take tons of pics!

We met up with Mireille, Mike, and the boys and then ended the day with ice cream. Perfect for everyone!


Even Baby Maddox was enjoying the water!

Shamus and Jason enjoying the sand.

Today was a relaxing day at home. We took the bikes out for a spin and the kids "worked" on the bikes afterwards.




We got back from biking just on time....it's started to down pour rain and it's still going!! Lots of thunder and lightning. The weather actually hasn't been very nice lately. Plenty of rain...which the Aussies are happy to see...but no fun if you're planning stuff outside.

Next weekend is my Christmas party in Sydney. Hopefully it will be decent. I know some of you are aware of my "office drama" lately (and thanks for the support) but I hope it will all be over this week and I can enjoy the Christmas party. Darryl's party is the following weekend and then Breagha's surgery is the following week. And then we roll into Christmas season!!! I've already been enjoying the prep work..Christmas gifts, Christmas cards, decorations, making plans...it won't feel like Christmas here but I still love getting ready for it!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi Guys!
I'm jealous--already missing the beach and it's only November! The kids look awesome, so grown-up! I think Christmas on the beach sounds wonderful. We miss you and are thinking about you as we also start getting ready for the Holidays.
Take care,
Kelly :)