Monday, December 29, 2008

Moreton Island



On Monday/Dec 22...the kids were back in daycare so Darryl and I could hang with Debra and Raul for the day. We decided to go snorkeling at the shipwrecks on Moreton Island. It's a beautiful island and a day was definitely not enough time there. I was hoping that we would get in some snorkeling and kayaking but the day went by much quicker than we thought so we only got to do the snorkeling. It was really nice and it was wonderful to just have the day with Debra and Raul and Darryl.

We don't any pics of the snorkeling because we forgot to pick up a waterproof bag for the camera. No biggie. We had a great time and that's the main thing. Always next time. :)

We had to catch the ferry over to the island. It's about a 20 minute drive from our place to the ferry. And then about 90 minutes on the ferry. Longer than I thought it would take. So, that ate up about 4hours of the day!!! The longest day in daycare for the kids yet - dropped off at 715am and not picked up until 545pm!!!! I had serious guilt! But, Monday was their last day until January 5 so that helped!

The ship wrecks were cool. The visibility wasn't great but we still managed to see lots of cool fish and I love watching Darryl snorkel because he's great at holding his breath and diving deep into the water. He went swimming thru parts of the shipwreck. :) Not me. I'm not that daring. And I don't like any sea creatures to get too close. Gross.

Ships Ahoy Matey!!!

People go sandboarding on this hill.

Ah, ain't they cute?!!

These are sand tractors. Pretty cool.

Ahhhh, and end the day with a yummy meal.

We've been eating very well over the holidays. Debra and Raul are great cooks so we've been enjoying some super BBQ's. Too much food and too much beer and wine!!! New Year's resolutions are going to have to happen!

2 comments:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Moreton Island looks really nice. Nick & I will have to take the tour one of these days... Nice pictures guys :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, I hear ya....Raul and I are going to get healthy! We ate so well at your house too...what the heck are you talking about! You guys were the best hostesses ever! And you know,..Raul and I can eat! lol....hahahhah So here's to living the vida loca while in Australia....I miss it already!!!!!!!BOOOOOOO!!!
Debra
P.S. Hi to Nick and Mariana...we so enjoyed meeting you both! Just telling Stacey the nice friends she has there! You guys were great and we loved the mexican fiesta!!!!!! Thanks