Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our House is ready for Christmas


Christmas means shopping, right? It's not all about shopping but there's a lot of shopping going on!! And where better to do my shopping than at Myer!! Myer is an Aussie department store that would be similiar to a small Macy's in the US. I've only been in a couple of Macy's but they were very nice. Myer's is very nice too. Great Aussie designers, really nice accessories (oh yeah!), and great for picking up things for the house. Some stuff is too expensive for me but I had lots of fun shopping there on the weekend. We bought plenty of stuff for the tree and for the kids. The kids also got to see Santa there...but Breagha wouldn't go near him and Shamus just wanted to go back to the toys department. Oh well!

When we got home I was very excited so I dug out our Canadian Christmas box!!! All our decorations/stockings from home. Ahhhh, felt good. :)

The kids had it in their heads that they needed to wear their stockings.


Then the tree...
My office gave me this tree as we were moving locations and they were getting rid of tons of stuff. I didn't realize until we tried to put it up that it had no stand.
Ahh, but I didn't only marry Darryl for his good looks and charm. Oh no, he's a bit of a MacGyver too!!
Plan 1 - use hangers to hold the tree up.

Ok, the hangers aren't strong enough and broke.
Plan 2 - a show box.

Shoe box worked like a charm and now it's all about the lights!!

Shamus - handsome little boy, isn't he?

Oh, and Breagha lent a helping hand.

Ok, she bores easily. Time to do some cutting.

That's as far as we got...time for bed so the decorating will have to be done on Monday night!

...here we go...

But, now the fun part has started - the ornaments!! We had lots of ornaments from home so I was really happy about that. Made the tree feel more homey.

Getting there. I got a really nice tree skirt and star from Myer. But, it's bizarre - you won't find a tree top ornament here that lights up. Nope. Doesn't seem to exist.

All done!! Great job guys! It was a lot of fun this year as the kids were really excited. Not sure if you can tell but most of the ornaments are on the buttom of the tree. That's all the kids could reach so that's where they went!!

3 comments:

Clotilde said...

I love the "low ornaments" concept. As the kids grow up, the ornaments will get higher and higher!

Did you cut your hair? Looks shorter on the picture...

Anonymous said...

Hey there my far away family!
I am so sad that we aren't seeing each other at Christmas this year, very sad! It looks like your having a good Christmas though, it must be weird without the snow! I love all the pictures, the kids are growing up so fast it's insane, i am guessing the elf yourself is you guys and i was woundering if you could email it to me, i can't view it for some reason but i would love to see it.
Love you all so much
Merry Christmas! xoxox

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,love the elf show how did you do it though? I can"t believe how talllll Shamus is getting,he also looks like Gunka and Miss Breagha is the dead stamp of her father,Stacey are you sure you were there?Would love to have your weather as were freezing here in the Great Freezing North,i'm sick of Winter already and its still Dec.Will talk to you guys soon,LOVE MOMMA ROSIE