Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Daddy Daycare

It has been a long time since we last posted something.  Sorry for the delay and the lack of pictures.  In case there are a few people who are not aware ... it is official now ... Pandemic Studios Australia has been closed.  It's sad really because there are a lot of very talented people who are without jobs now.  Although video games is not my first love, in my field of work (I am a sucker for films), I will say that in the ten plus years I have worked in this industry, I have never had this much confidence in a team.  It's too bad that EA couldn't have seen how well run this team was.  But that's life.  There are a lot of other good people all over the globe feeling the same things, I'm sure.  Tough times.  

So what is next you may ask... well... for the time being I have the role of "stay at home dad/job hunter".  The kids are going to daycare only one day a week now.  I get to spend time with them the other four days now.  It's really nice. They are both at a very fun age now... and frustrating age as well.  But that can be part of the fun. 

On the job side... I know that some of you are secretly (or not so secretly) hoping we will have to move home but Stace and I have talked and we still want to stay a while longer.  I have a couple options here that may pan out.  Sorry.  

As a celebration for losing our jobs, myself and four other ex-pandemites rented a beach house last week for four days in Byron Bay.  We spent the time body boarding and drinking cold beers.  The girls and the kids came down to meet us for the weekend.  If you want to get over losing your job than Byron is the place to do it!  The weather could have been better but it was still a great time.

Next post I will catch up on some pics.  Later!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Of course we'd all love to see you, but I really hope you get to stay in Australia and see all the things you want to see!
Good luck!
Kelly :)

Anonymous said...

All my best wishes to you all. I'm very sure your gonna be moving towards some great opportunities.

Paul

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the job Darryl...but I have every bit of faith you will get something new....I was watching the new season of American Idol and one of the contestant reminds me of you...you have to check it out~lol
The contestants name is Danny....
Anyway..give my love to Stacey...and the kids...we are thinking of you
Debra