Monday, May 11, 2009

It's all about me right now!! :)


That's right.  All about me!  heheee....well, not really but I like to flatter myself!
I figured I better do a post now that Momma Rosie is back from Vegas.  Right Mom?

Same old story...we're still pretty busy these days.  I'm still really busy at work so it's tough to get things done some times!
Anyhoot, it was also my birthday on Friday!  I was pleasantly surprised by my staff on Friday morning.  I came into the office to find my desk decorated with balloons and a birthday card and lots of Crunchie bars!  (my favourite bar right now:)  And then the other supervisor brought in a flower and hot chocolate for me!  Very thoughtful.  I finished work early on Friday...very nice...and then headed home to spend the evening with the Darryl and the kiddies.  

The kiddies made me some beautiful birthday cards.  And Darryl gave me a very funny birthday card...8 Reasons Why Wine Is Better Than A Man.  Do I really need to tell you why?  I didn't think so!

Present time!!

I have been looking for a new handbag for about 2-3 months now.  Not a big deal to some people but it is to me!  :)  I knew in my head what I wanted but it was either going to cost me $2500.00...wonderful Jimmy Choo...or $25.00...if I went to Walmart.  So, I wanted a nice quality bag but I was not spending $2500.00 on it.  It took a while to find it.
Me.  Very happy.  I got a Steve Madden bag.  Thanks Darrylie!!  (Amanda will appreciate the bag) 

Oh, back to the birthday night....
The chocolate cupcakes were a hit.  Darryl did very well.  Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and chocolate sprinkles.  (he knows me verrrry well!)

Thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes!!!

And then it was Mother's Day on Sunday.
I told you it was all about me.  :)
I got up bright and early and did the Mother's Day Classic Run.  I was looking to do a race about a month ago when I saw this.  It is for breast cancer research so a great cause.  I signed up and I really enjoyed it.  It was only a 8km race but I'm glad I did it.  Of course I got too emotional about the reason for the run and had to pull myself together a couple of times during the race.  People were running for loved ones...someone that past away because of breast cancer.  And they wore the memory card on their back.  So, everytime I would read someone's back I'd get all choked up!  It was sad but really nice.  I am very happy I did the race.  And I was very happy with my time.

My cheering squad.  I ran the 8km in 39.51.  Out of 1349 females I finished 182nd.  And in my age group (yes the old age group Steve!!) I finished 60 out of 456.  So, I was happy with my results.
After the race, Darryl and the kids took me out for a Mother's Day breakfast.  And then we hung out in South Bank (where the race took place) for most of the day.  We got back to our place and Darryl took off to do a 18km run.  He's crazy.  And then Dan and Amy made an amazing dinner for us.  Really great guys!!  Thanks so much for having us over!  I need that recipe too Amy!

Today is Monday and I was lucky enough to have today off.  I think I mentioned that I'm taking a few Monday's off.  Very nice.  The kids and I spent the day with Felicity, Tycho, and Seraphie.  
Now it's back to work tomorrow!  Ah, time goes by too quickly.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to all,congratulations stacey and darryl on your running events,you guys make my head spin from all the activities you are involved in.Then i talk to cathy and duane and their in the same boat and i wonder what did i ever do with my kids....Stacey glad you had a nice birthday.I'll be waiting for some pictures off the dress and hat when there ready.Oh, i like the hand bag also. We will talk to you guys real soon but till then we love you all and take care.....MOMMA ROSIE

Kelly said...

Hi Stacey!
Happy belated Birthday to you! It looks like you had a great weekend. Great job on the race--very impressive! Hugs and kisses to you all...
Kelly :)

Cari said...

good job on the race! and very nice bag!:)

Anonymous said...

Hi there Stace.So sorry I forgot your birthday,but don't feel too bad because I was late for Darryl's too.Anyway congrats on your run.Like Momma Rosie,I get tired just reading your blog posts-such an active bunch.So HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.
Love,Grammy and Gunka

Anonymous said...

Hey Stace,

Happy, Happy Belated Birthday Stace!! And great job on the race! Wow - I don't know where you guys get all your energy either :-) But I love reading up on your latest comings and going, because goodness knows you never sit still - good for you guys! And a very belated congrats to Darryl on the new job! Hope all is well.
Glenn W, wife and baby Sara arrive next weekend to run the National Capital Race Weekend and then...parrrtyyyyy!!!
Thinking of you all here in OTTAWA,

hugs, Cheryl & Greg

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Nice bag Stace!!!
I know for how long you have been looking for it and I am glad to see that you finally have it :)
It seems you have a wonderful B'day and Mother's day.

Ashley P Purdy said...

Ok so I just have to say that I am totally jealous of you, I love your bag! I also wanted to say congrats to both of you on the races and Happy Belated Mothers day! Hope you are all doing good, we miss you tons! xoxo

KrisZadziuk said...

Congratulations on the race Stac, great job, and happy birthday sorry it's late.

Kristjan

Anonymous said...

i love your new bag!!!!!!!!!!
a great bag is hard to find!!!!!!
jo