Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Something new

In case no one knows ... I am at a new studio.  No I didn't lose my job (again),  THQ has moved shop.  What is odd about this move is: the new THQ studio is, in fact, the old Pandemic studio.  It has undergone a massive renovation job.   There are some similarities that remain but overall it is like a new building all together.  Basically this is my fourth studio in a little over a year with two different companies.  I hope this renovation goes better for THQ than the last one went for Pandemic (not that the studio location change was the catalyst for what happened in the end).   Anyways ... it looks great and I am excited to be in the new studio on a new project.

On another note ... Sas and I treated ourselves this weekend.   We bought ourselves a new camera. It is an Olympus Tough 8000.

 We needed a new camera after our old one got eaten from the inside by salt water.  This new camera is great.  It's smaller than our old "small" camera we had and it's shock proof, water proof up to 10 meters and good for shooting in cold weather (-10 celcius).  It has tonnes of features and shoots good video.  The funny thing is that Stacey did 90% of the leg work on finding it.  And I must say I am very happy with her choice.  Way to go babe!!!  We will post some new pics soon and hopefully a new video as well.

cheers!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darryl she got her superb shopping talents from dear old MOM......Nice camera

Nick Vona said...

you have to get me in for a studio tour... I saw the outside of the building and it looks great...