Friday, May 29, 2009

Ahhh, the long week is over :)

Yes, it's been a long week!!!  I just need to give you an idea of what our week was like.

I got sick on Sunday.  Super sick with lots of sinus problems.  I went to work on Monday for 8am but left around 1130am for the doctors office!  I found out that I had a sinus infection with a mild ear and throat infection.  And I had a fever.  Good times.

And of course my boss is in India all week so I'm sure he thought I was bailing on work!  And the other supervisor is having MAJOR personal drama and she has been taking sick days left, right, and centre!  

Back to me. :)  I went home after the doctor appt. on Monday and slept.  Felt horrible on Monday night but finally better on Tuesday.  Still home sick.  Went back to work on Wednesday but Breagha was sick (fever, coughing, sneezing, running nose) so Darryl had to take Wednesday off to stay home with her.  (reminder: Darryl just started his new job so not good to take days off already)  

Breagha seemed to be feeling better on Thursday so we send her off to daycare with Shamus.  Of course because Darryl and I know that we realllllllly have to work on Thursday.  But, Darryl picks the kids up after work and Breagha seems to have a fever again.  She had a pretty high fever on Thursday night.  Threw up in our bed....second time in a month!!  Soooooo, damn!  One of us needs to take another sick day for Friday! 

We work out a plan.  I'll go into work by 7am and work to 2pm.  Darryl will pick me up at 2pm, we drive him to work and he works til 7pm.  Luckily we our offices are very close to home so just a quick drive away.

Ah, ok.  I call my boss and he's ok with this.  (Thank God he is understanding!  He does not have kids)   Darryl's new boss seems very understanding too.

Breagha seems to be doing better tonight.  Fever is gone...for now.  Hopefully we can catch up on our sleep because we have a busy weekend too!

Last thought...isn't it typical.  I had an appointment on Monday for a facial and had to cancel because I was sick.  I haven't had a facial in yearrrrrss!  And I was suppose to go out with my team tonight as it was one of the girls last day.  And couldn't go because poor B was sick.  It all seems to happen at once!

Well, we'll keep you posted on our busy weekend.  Hope no one else is suffering from flus/colds/allergies!!!!  Get your flu shot!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello guys,
I am happy that you are all doing better! It is always like a chain reaction, one gets sick and then everybody else! For sure it wasn't a good week for you! But it is over!!! I have tried to call you over skype but you were not online, had to leave you voice mail. Hopefully we will be able to talk soon! We are all doing good. Baby Adrian is 3 weeks old and is doing really good. We are very sleep deprived, but happy and busy busy..The girls are doing good. I am sending you birth announcement card and also a photo of the girls via mail...We went to fundo mondo yesterday!! Helena remembered you and on that world map they have there, she found Australia and was showing Nina where you are guys!!! They sure want to come and visit...
Have to go now, take care and I am glad you are better!
Ksenija

Kelly said...

OMG WAS IT SWINE FLU???? Just joking! Glad to hear you're all on the mend!
Take care,
Kelly :)

Cari said...

what a week indeed! hope you're all feeling better soon!

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Hope you all get better soon!!! Let me know if you need anything :) Mariana