Sunday, June 28, 2009

Random in Brisbane

Last weekend Amy, Clo, and I took a photography course. I really enjoyed it and plan to take the follow up course in July. I'm no expert but at least I now know what aperture and shutter speed means!!! I was hoping to get out lots this week to put my knowledge to the test but the weather wasn't great at the beginning of the week and I was also putting in many hours at work. So, I just have a few random shots.
I'm reading my camera manual (well, actually Mariana's manual because we left ours in Canada!) and I'm slowing feeling comfortable with our big camera. It only took 1.5years!

This one reminded me of Halifax. We don't see fog in Brisbane very often so I was happy to get a picture of it. On my way to work. :) Happy Day.



I'm sure everyone has seen lots of pictures of the Story Bridge with the city in the background. But, I don't get bored of it. Brisbane is truly a beautiful city.


I was very pleased to see the bumblebee stay for a pic.

One picture of the city on my way to work. And one on my way home.

This was just this afternoon. Breagha, Shamus and I went for a little walk. We were lying underneath a tree - relaxing.


And then the kids decided to start collecting sticks. Not sure why but we brought them all home!





Hmmmm, and that's it!! Like I mentioned, I had a really busy week at work. I was very happy when Friday arrived!! Darryl and I went out together Friday night, we had swimming on Saturday morning (the kids are doing super well. Breagha didn't even get upset when I passed her over to her instructor), and today we went to the movies with Rej and Clo! We went to see
Ice Age 3 - 3D.
We really enjoyed it.
It's Sunday evening already and I don't want to go to work tomorrow!! The weekends just go by too darn quickly! Shouldn't we have a 4 day work week? Or even better, a 3 day work week! Ah, that would be great!

Enjoy your week!




5 comments:

Kelly said...

Stacey, you took some really great photos! I especially love the one of Breagha in the doorway--just sweet!
Take care,
Kelly :)

Clotilde said...

Nice pics!

Does "our" camera do the black and white or did you do that with the computer?

MacPurdys said...

Yes, our cameras do black and white. You need to go in Manual Mode. I'm not sure what it is under on your camera but for ours - go into Menu, then you can select the picture of the camera 1 or camera 2. Pick camera 2, Parameters, and then select B/W.
I'm getting there! :)

Cari said...

Hey, awesome pics Stacey! When I become a male g-string model I'll be sure to keep you in mind as my photographer!

Steve (thongs are not something that go on your feet) Dickinson

How you doin?

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Hey Stacey,
Great pics!! I love taking B&W pictures too. There is a workshop that I want to take after my basic course. Did you know we can take sepia pictures with our camera too?, but I haven't figure that out!! We need to keep reading the manual and keep practicing.
Let me know when you want to go out to take some pics! I will like coming over and practice too...
Mariana