Thursday, November 12, 2009

Very Happy ;)

Yes, I'm very happy.

Anyone that I've been chatting with lately will know that I can work some long shitty hours. No pretty way to say it but that. I like my job but I have the "working Mom" guilt as I don't get home as early as I would like most days. Sooooooo, I spoke with my boss about going part time. :)

Beginning next week, I will be working 4days a week -
Tuesday to Friday.
Me Happy

And hopefully by January I'll do 3 days a week.
Me Very Happy

Anyone that I've been chatting with lately will also know that Shamus starts school in January. So, I want to be able to bring him to school and pick him up as much as possible. It's not like when I was growing up - get dropped off by the school bus and then play before school starts, and then play after school until the bus picked you up again. I don't know if it's a city thing but Shamus will start school at 845am each morning and there is no play time before school starts. The parents stay with the small children until the bell rings and school begins. There are no supervisor's like in my day!! School will finish at 3pm and Shamus must be picked up at this time or go to after school care. During all this Breagha will be at daycare. She is not too happy about Shamus moving on without her. The daycare director said that they have a Red Flag Alert on Breagha during this time as they don't think she'll cope too well....she hangs with Shamus and his buddies most of the day.

Soooooo, I personally think this long day, busy day, school day, after school, daycare, work, blah blah, stuff is not going to cut it! I want to be more involved so I need to cut back on work. I would love to be able to bring Shamus to school and pick him up right after school a couple of times a week. And then Breagha will get to hang with me during the day too. And luckily Darryl's work is flexible so Darryl will bring him to school the other days and he'll do after school care 3 days a week. Hmmmm, hopefully this plan of mine will work! It's always about juggling but we are getting to be good jugglers!

And call me old fashion but I also like the idea that I'll actually get to cook a meal a couple of times a week! Poor Darryl does most of the cooking as he is home first.
Thank you for being so wonderful Baby.

And this is why I'm so happy! I can keep working but get some time at home too. A great balance I think. I hope it all works out! My boss is pretty good so I'm optimistic.

I'll keep you posted on whether this plan is still so great in the new year!!!!! Fingers crossed.

6 comments:

Cari said...

that's GREAT news! i'm sure it will all work out just fine...it sounds like a perfect plan!:)

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

That is GREAt news Stacey!! I am soo happy for you. I know how much you have been working lately and I agree with the fact that you want to spend more time with the kiddies. Enjoy the part time job!! :) hehe

Missy said...

Stace - obviously know where you are coming from - when I switched to part time last year for the same reason, it was very worth it!

My kids still take a bus though - get picked up at 8am, and Megan gets home at 2:15pm and Mike is home by 2:50pm!

There is always the juggling - but pretty sure you guys can make it work.

Missy

Amy said...

congratulations, that's excellent news :)

Clotilde said...

Sounds great! When you go to 3 days, what other day do you think you will take off? Because if it's Friday, Breagha and you need to join Gabriel and I at Surfing Mums in the mornings! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,good news on the job front i'm glad it worked out.I was christmas shopping all day yesterday and i'm not having much luck getting Breaghe's hockey shirt,finished the rest .I hope to send it out soon,remember "NO EARLY PEAKING"if it gets there in a half decent time fashion.Love You All.......MOMMA ROSIE