Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Shamus!!

It was Shamus' birthday on Friday so we had a nice family dinner.
Shamus' choice - tacos!!
And then we had a small cake and let Shamus open a couple of gifts. It was a really nice night and a great way to finish off his first few days of school!

We had planned a birthday party at New Market Pool but had to cancel on Sunday morning due to bad weather. A total bummer but Shamus didn't seem too concerned. I think I was more bummed out because Darryl had done up the cake (great job Babe!) and we had lots of food and the loot bags all ready! We did decide to ask a couple of Shamus' close friends to come over to our place and have a play date instead which was a great idea. We did some quick decorating and 3 of Shamus' friends arrived around 10am. It was the first time Shamus had any friends over without their parents. The boys had lots of fun together as they hadn't seen each other since they started school. And we still got to do the big cake/ice cream and gifts! Shamus was very pleased with the day and we were all exhausted by 230pm...when the last boy left! :)

The boys were really cute when they saw each other - very hyper!!! They are all in different schools around Brisbane so I guess there will be more play dates to come!

Luke, Bhayva (Shamus' best buddy), Shamus, and Alexander

I'm not sure why Shamus wanted an alien...but that was his pick for the cake. I think Darryl did a great job! The responsibility of the cake will forever lay in Darryl's capable hands - not I!

Breagha is starting to become a typical "girly girl". But, I think she'll always have a tomboy side (like her Mama) as she still enjoys all the boy stuff! She was pretty impressed with Shamus' new Optimus Prime.

Some tattoos for the boys. :) They love them for some reason!

And I think the best gift was a SpiderMan and IronMan Transformer. I didn't even know they existed!! But, the boys were pumped!

And pool Darryl is the Transformer King so it was up to him to figure out how they transform and to show the boys...

"And then you flip SpiderMan's arm down like this guys"...

Happy Birthday Shamus!


I took Monday off work so Breagha and I had the day together. Shamus was not impressed that he had to go to school while Breagha stayed home with me. But, he did well at drop off. He had his first swimming class at school today (it's mandatory to participate in the swimming class which I think is great) and really liked it. He also made a new friend so that was pretty cute - he showed me the new friend yesterday at pick up. And then next week he starts after school care. We swung by today to see how many kids were there and there were 2 from Shamus' class. So, it's nice that he'll know someone there.

Now, I think I've covered it all. - Starting school and the birthday!!!
Now, I may need at least a week off from the blog! :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cake D!

Ironman transformer. Don't tell Brian he'll want one

Take Care

Renette

Anonymous said...

Cute cake, I am proud of you Uncle Darryl lol. So it's crazy that Shamus is in school now, I say that alot, but OMG. Hope you are all enjoying the weather, it is freeezing here. Send some Aussie sunshine my way please:D

Miss and Love you all
Ashley