Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mabou in Kraft Hockeyville 2010!!


Hmm, did you know that it was 2 years on January 29 since we left Canada for the land down under? It's true! I don't know where the time has gone but it has been a wonderful experience.
I am starting to get excited to see home again though!!!!
And then my brother, Duane, sent me this YouTube clip on Mabou...and it realllllllllllllllllllly made me homesick!

I can't wait to play ringette and hockey again. I can't wait to see family and friends!

I can't wait to eat Pizza Delight garlic fingers and a Tim Horton's chocolate chip muffin!

I have come to the conclusion over the last month - I will forever be a true Canadian. I can't substitute anything for my love for home.

Until I get home again, I'll have to keep watching this clip on my hometown, Mabou. Population of about 1000 people and I wouldn't have it any other way! Seeing the video, with my old teachers, and old school mates, and Aunt Margie (Hockey Mom for 26years!!!), has just reminded me of how wonderful Nova Scotia is!
If you're not familiar with "Kraft Hockeyville", check it out.

And check out the short video on
"Orange Pucks in Mabou".
(the little boy they are talking about (Alec Angus) is my cousin's little boy. He was born blind but has slowly started to see....a happy ending!



Some of you that read our blog were able to visit Mabou when you came to our wedding (The Halifax crew trying to square dance will always be a fond memory! :) but the rest of you will have to plan a visit some day!

1 comment:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

That video is really nice Stace!
There is no better place than home! I totally aggree on that =)
Mariana