Thursday, March 4, 2010

That Time Again...

...time to do a post!

It was nice having the last 2 weeks off. We really enjoyed the Olympics but the Aussie stations didn't show much ice hockey. We did get to see a couple of the Canada games. And we did see part of the final game - I watched it at work!! Some of my team had the chance to hear some nasty curse words leave my mouth during the game...which they never hear from me...good times! :) One of the girls in my team really got into the Olympics this year and mentioned how surprised she was with how rough most sports were. I never really thought about it until then but she raised a good point. The hockey is rough, the snowboarding and skiing is dangerous, the luge/skeleton/bobsleigh is CRAZY dangerous, the speed skating is with super long sharp crazy skates....the list goes on! So, point taken. She asked, "Have you ever seen a person fall out of a pool?" Nope, I haven't. I guess the winter Olympics are a bit more dangerous than the summer. BRING IT!

Even Shamus and Breagha got into all the sports. It was cute watching them cheer for Canada. Although Shamus did decide part way through the speed skating last weekend that he was going to cheer for the USA guy. He "just wanted to". But, when the gold medal hockey game was on he was back to cheering for Canada! He better! And the kids were sporting their new hockey jerseys so very cute!

Now, the holidays are over and back to blogging! I will do a proper post this weekend. Just wanted to let everyone know that we're still kickin' around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi to all,glad to see your back.I'm up to my ears in packing for the 500th TIME AND IT WILL BE MYYYYY LASTTT...We hope to be loaded up by tonight and on the road to CAPE BRETON tomorrow,can't wait.Taking two horses with us.I will call you next time from home.LOVE TO ALL MOMMA ROSIE