Sunday, June 27, 2010

Time at Home


I thought it was time for the kids and I to post some pics of home!! The kids and I left Montreal on June 1 and headed for Nova Scotia. It is about a 13-14hour drive and I planned to do it in 2 days. Well, we were about 15minutes outside Moncton, NB where there was lots of road construction going on...we hit a huge hole in the road and got a flat tire! It was 10 at night and raining. Not a great situation to be in with the kids. I had Mom and Dad's car and didn't know if there was even a spare in the trunk! I had my mountain bike on the back and a very full trunk! Did I want to start unpacking it all in the rain?? Called my Dad (the iphone did come in handy on the trip!) and they did have a spare.

Lucky for us, a mini-van went by shortly after I hit the hole, and they hit the same one and also got a flat tire. Not good for them but great for me! The husband helped me out and I was so thankful for them. We finally got the spare tire on the car and then I had to get everything back in the trunk and the bike back on the bike rack. It was damn dark and our suitcases were all soaked! It can always be worse though and I think I handled it quite well. Sure wished Darryl was with us at that moment!!! We drove to Moncton, got a hotel, carried the kids to bed (they were asleep as soon as we got the tire fixed), and was in bed myself around 1230am. We then had to wait around the next day to get the car fixed. I had to get a new rim put on but the tire was fine. And the construction company is going to pay for it. :)

We made it home to Mom and Dad's where we've been keeping very busy. Dad is great at letting the kids follow him around...
We love having the horses in the backyard.
Breagha has no fear at all. Loves the horses and the dog. Shamus was very nervous at first but now loves Molly (the dog). And asked if we could take Molly back to Montreal with us!


Grampy Sandy keeps very busy outside...always something to do.

Breagha taking her own picture of the horses while being a princess. :) Very cute.
Grampy is very good to take the kids on all the "toys"

Out jogging the horses. Breagha LOVED it. She was hollering, "Wheee-hoo!" as they went down the road! Shamus went on but didn't stay for long. I think it was too close to the horse for him.
And tractor rides with Grampy...
I do stick close to the house most days but the kids and I have made a trip to Antigonish to see Darryl's family. And we had a day at the beach which was wonderful. I also signed Shamus up for soccer and he completely lovvvves it! He has a smile on his face the whole practice.

Getting ready and pumped!
There are tons of kids in soccer so it's a very social thing for me. Tons of cousins to catch up with!! The poor kids can't keep up with all of them.
Shamus and cousin Lily kicking the ball during practice.
The beach day was very relaxing. My Mom grew up in the next village from Mabou. In Port Hood. This is one of the Port Hood beaches. It's all along the ocean and very pretty. Miss Molly had a great time too!
Breagha loves her ice cream.
Shamus took this pic and I think he did a great job. I really need to see about getting him a camera I think.

Busy day for us...and the dog. So, Molly went straight to bed when we got home. She loves her pillow too!!! :)
We are very excited because we're going to see Darryl soon!!! He is flying to Halifax on July 1 (Canada Day) so we are going to spend the long weekend with him in the city. Can't wait. The kids really miss him...especially Shamus. We plan to just relax in the city and visit some friends. Can't wait!!!!!!!! Thanks to Bill and Missy for always putting up with us!

Mom is coming along quite well so we're very happy about that. She gets better/stronger each day so I'm not so worried about leaving for a couple of days. I think she'll enjoy the quiet house! Thanks to everyone for all your caring emails. We appreciate it very much. Things are looking much better lately so we're thankful for that. :) I'm looking forward to July...I hope to make more trips to Antigonish to see Darryl's family and maybe even squeeze in a night of camping with the kids. We'll see how it all rolls out!

Hope everyone is well and more updates to come.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love all the pics!!!! cant wait till i am in some of the post pics!!!!!!!

Cari said...

love the pics, especially that one of B in the princess dress and molly in bed! xo

Unknown said...

I love the post Babe! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days.

Love U

Anonymous said...

You were probably not far from us when you had your run-in with the pothole. Too bad you did not have our coordinates.

Saw your blogs from NZ. Brought back some fine memories. What a beautiful country. We did not see the southern part of NZ, a reason to go back.

Bernard Poirier

Anonymous said...

Stace - "YOU ROCK" - I was envisioning the whole 'flat tire' scene playing out....you are one tough chick - but we always knew that from our Mother Webb Days :-))
So very glad to hear your mom is doing better. The pics are great and LOVE the one of B. with her princess dress in the field. HAPPY CANADA DAY and have a fabulous weekend in Halifax, together with Darryl.
Cheryl & Greg

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you on Saturday if only for a couple of hours... YOu both looked awesome and so did the kidlets

Renette

XO

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the ones from the horses and the barn!. It looks so pretty. And of course, I think Shamus has some talent there with the camera =)
Mariana