Thursday, October 4, 2007

Yes, I'm still here and kickin'...

So, it's been a while. I think it's been about 3 weeks? Well, I started out with just needing a break from the computer. A break from email and the blog. It was really nice. I'm going to continue with the blog but I'm only going to post about every 7-10 days. I can't say that our life is that wild that anyone will be missing out on crazy news!!
It's been the same routine for us. Jolyne, the kids, and I went to Thetford Mines 2 weekends ago (Sep22)...went to visit Evelyne (worked with her in Halifax), Eric, and their cute, little boy, Alexandre. We had a great time. They have a wonderful, cozy home in the country and it was very relaxing. It felt like being back in Cape Breton in the fall. The leaves were all changing colours and lots of rolling hills. Beautiful. They made a yummy fondue and the drinks were flowing. Too well. I had a MAJOR hangover on Sunday. It was a rough drive back but by the time we returned I was feeling better. Thanks to Jolyne for helping with the drive back! And thanks to Evelyne and Eric for being such great hosts! I had a wonderful time and I hope we do it again soon. Maybe we can get them to come to Montreal....
The kids starting swimming class last weekend. They did great. We were worried that Shamus wouldn't like the class...he is on his own in this class...no Mom or Dad! But, he did super. He didn't mind going on his own and did really well. And Breagha seemed to enjoy herself too so all went well.
This weekend is Thanksgiving and Darryl is going home to NS. His sister, Steph, is home from BC and the family hasn't seen her in years.... So, it will great for him to hang with the siblings and his parents for the week. But, we'll miss him!!
I'll get on the ball and post some pictures soon...I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things! Post again soon!

2 comments:

Tammi Hayne said...

Darn it, we're going to be in Liverpool for the weekend...family dinner and i have 5 shoots to do...so we'll miss seeing Mr. Purdy.

Glad to hear Shamus liked his swimming lesson...he's becoming so independent!

Anonymous said...

pictures pictures..pictures!! i read your blog and i like the pictures!!! ;-) so whenever your ready..thanks Jolyne