Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm a lucky girl...

Ahhh, good times. I'm very thankful. I really am. As my Dad reminded me a couple of weeks ago..."Be thankful that you have your health." And I am always thankful for my health. I still think of all the things that happened when we had Breagha. And this always makes me THANKFUL!
I'm thankful that my family is healthy.
I'm thankful for the beautiful weather in Brisbane! Wow, it was an amazing day today! I really can't complain. And I love getting mail!! Especially nowadays! Over the last couple of weeks I've received 2 parcels...for me! And there is one more parcel that my Mom mailed to us and it should be arriving any day now. Canadian Books! Very excited about that. Shamus and Breagha really enjoy their Canadian books so I ordered a few more.


Yes, me opening up my package from China! My first time shopping online! And loved it! (I think Darryl may be concerned!! :) It arrived quite quickly too.

No, I can't show you what was inside but I can tell you that I bought 2 dresses. And I'm pretty happy with the results. They were dirt cheap! Really dirt cheap. I didn't know what the quality was going to be like but I was impressed! Now I just need to find a reason to where them!

This package came from Korea! A huge thanks to Debra. You Rock! Deb went to the US Military base and bought me some goodies from Bath And BodyWorks. It's an US store and they don't ship to Australia. She bought me tons of stuff and mailed it off! It was really exciting to open!
So, this make me think...I'm pretty lucky. I've got it pretty good. No complaints at all.
And to top it all off...I didn't work today! Can't go wrong there, right?
Darryl and I took today off to celebrate our anniversary. We dropped the kids off at daycare and then headed off to a spa near our house. Damn, I wish I was rich and could treat myself like this all the time!! We really, really enjoyed it. It had a great set up for couples. And then after lunch we went to the movies. Finally saw The Hangover. Really loved that too! And then we squeezed in some shopping at a book store before picking up the kiddies!
We had such a wonderful time together. And another reason to be thankful.

3 comments:

Tammi Hayne said...

So glad to hear you and Darryl had such a lovely day together celebrating your anniversary. In the day and age of emails and electronic everything, there really isn't anything that can trump a package or a letter in the mail! Bath and Bodyworks rocks. I used to stock up when I went to Bangor shopping but now there are a few Canadian locations and they ship within Canada...yay! Enjoy all the new yummy scents. Oh, and the two dresses...are these for Darryl's eyes only??? ;)

Ashley P Purdy said...

OK so I really want to see the dresses, I may be getting a credit card soon, soooo if you find any places that are wicked, let me know!

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Ahhhh, You finally got your Bath & Body Works!!! :) Indeed, you're a Lucky girl!! But more because as you said: you have health, 2 wonderful kids and a loving husband!! and.....don't forget about good friends too ;)
Mariana