Sunday, November 1, 2009

Some Halloween Fun!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

Ok, first off, I just can't find the free time lately to being posting on the blog. I'm not sure where all the hours in a day go but there doesn't seem to be any free time! So, if I do find some extra time I just don't feel like sitting in front of a computer. Hmmmmm, which makes it difficult to do a post! I will try to do one post a week but no promises! :)

Anyhoot, we were very into Halloween this year and it was great! We've had the house decorated for a few weeks now and the costumes ready. This week I baked 6 dozen cookies and 3 dozen cupcakes for work and daycare. The daycare had all the kids dress up on Friday and it was really cute to see them so excited. We brought in Halloween tattoos, and rings, and treats for the kids in Shamus and Breagha's class. And then I brought in goodies for my coworkers. Luckily Darryl is artistic - I came up with the ideas and he put them all together!

His skeleton cupcakes were quite funny. He even did a Spiderman pose for my coworker, Dan. Lots of Halloween food this year!

On Saturday around 5pm we had the kids ready for Treat Or Tricking. We took them to a couple of our neighbors and then headed off in the car to visit friends!

Batman and Supergirl were ready to roll!
Breagha decided against her princess costume...I think she is just as into the superhero's as Shamus is. She loves them.


Time to hit up the neighbors...
After going to the neighbors we headed to Dan and Amy's place. We were in for a surprise when we saw them all dressed up...very scary! Great costumes guys!
Shamus wasn't scared of them but Breagha wouldn't go near them. We couldn't get her to go into the picture. It was kind of funny...she just kept staring at them.


Now off to Kate and Morgan's house!
Morgan made a caramel treat and it was...
sooooooooo good!
I had 5 slices!
Last stop was Rej and Clo's! Their house looked great! And it was quite exciting as there were kids in the neighborhood Treat Or Treating! Felt like home.

More treats for Shamus and Breagha. Ohhh, they had alot of junk yesterday!
More Halloween food! Darryl was quite creative with the snacks. They turned out really well. And Clo and Rej made tons of food! Pumpkin cake, roast pumpkin seeds, squares, halloween treats, Morgan's desert, and more and more. Oh, we ate too much!
The best part of the night for the kids - going through the treat bag. So good!!
We had such a great Halloween this year. It was really fun. Thanks to everyone for letting us bring the kids over. It reminded me of when my parents used to drive us around Rankinville so we could fill up our pillowcases with treats!!!

I hope everyone at home has a wonderful Halloween! Post the kids costumes!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello to all,Stacey I must say I was sleeping when you called tonight,sorry about that.I must also THANK YOU GUYS for the Great Birthday gift,it was fantasticccccc.I was in there for three hours didn't want to leave.I'm glad the kids had a great halloween it will have them ready for canada.Stacey i'm waiting for the christmas list from you guys,also maybe you can steer me in the direction to do the web shopping.Thanks Love MOMMA ROSIE

Ashley said...

Wow what a wicked Halloween! The kids looked pretty darn cute! I am glad to have 2 superheros in my family!:D I was dressed as an elf for halloween, but I didn't go trick or treating:P Anyway loving the posts! and emails!

Miss you all xoxo
from Ashley in Charlottetown:D

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

The dip with the fingers and the decorated cupcakes are the best!!! How creative :)
I am glad the kiddies and the older fellas had so much fun during the Halloween celebrations...
Mariana

Anonymous said...

Kiddies looked so cute.Halloween is so awesome-the one day in the year when kids can eat all the "no good for you stuff" they want.Some great Halloween and birthday pics on facebook re Kelly.All the homemade goodies look wonderful- so creative.
Darryl,you remind me of your uncle Angus-he loves to decorate.

Cari said...

looks like fun guys! is it just me or is halloween getting better and better in australia each year? i think the canadian influence is starting to take effect!:)

Cari said...

ps. awesome treats! well done darryl!

Anonymous said...

Please ask Breagh if i can borrow her costume for next year.. I love the baking stace! Did you do all of that?? Renette xo