Thursday, July 15, 2010

Since we've been home...

I've been asked a lot of questions since arriving back in Canada. "Am I glad to be back?" "Do I miss Australia?" "Did I enjoy my time there?" "How do I feel about being in Nova Scotia for the summer?" "How do I feel about moving back to Montreal?" etc...

So, I thought I should do a quick post with my thought/feelings!!

I absolutely LOVVVVED Australia. It is a wonderful country. We had the best time while we were there. What's not to love?!! But, I am very much a true Canadian because I am so happy to be back. I love being in Nova Scotia. It's so relaxing, laid back, and just a wonderful place to be for the summer. I love that I go to the grocery store (we only have one!) and I can chat with half the people working there or shopping there! I love that I can go to the Red Shoe for a drink (thanks Debra and Aunt Margie for taking me out!!!) and chat with the locals and tourists. The traditional music is wonderful - lots of fiddles, piano, bagpipes, and guitars since I've been home! I've been to 2 square dances and going again on Monday night! Oh yeah! And it's been wonderful for the kids too. I have a huge family so lots of cousins for Shamus and Breagha.

I dropped the kids off this morning for a summer playgroup. It's 3 days a week for 2.5hours each time. And it's $20.00 for the whole summer! Gotta love the summer grants the government offers! So, great for the kids and it will give me some of my own time. And most of my cousins have their kids in it also.

I do hate that you have to add the tax on everything here!! But, I do love how things are cheaper. I had my hair done a few weeks ago - colour, highlights, and a cut. $85.00. That would never happen in Brissie or Montreal! And I liked it!!

I love that it doesn't get dark until 930pm each night. But, then it will start to get dark around 4pm in the winter!

It will be interesting to see how things go once we settle in Montreal because Darryl and I are not fans of large cities (love to visit but not live!). But, we'll be living outside the city and have great friends close by. A big bonus.

It is great to be back in Canada. Now we just have to get our Aussie friends to come visit!!! Right guys?!! :)

1 comment:

Cari said...

Oh my gosh. I got my hair cut, cut, nothing else the other day and it costs $132!!! I almost fainted!