Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ceilidhs and Weddings!!

Yes, lots of Ceilidhs and weddings in the summertime! Ceilidh is Gaelic for party or gathering. The Mabou summer festival is called the "Mabou Ceilidh". And it's a great chance to see everyone. I saw lots of family and had a wonderful time.

Cousins Aaron, Scott, John, Me, and Adam. Not a good pic of John! Sorry John...we know you have beautiful blue eyes!

Cousins - Me, Francine, and Alistair.
Alistair came to see us in Brisbane back in March.

The kids all waiting for the parade to start. More candy!!!!!!


The Halifax Biomedical has brought some new jobs to Mabou. And had a great float!


After the parade is all the games, concerts, and beer gardens...
the kids were very pleased with the prizes.
We also enjoyed my cousin, Justin's wedding last weekend. The rehearsal party was lots of fun too! More family time. Lots of laughs and lots of music!!

Cousin Jason and Uncle Neil.


Aunt Margie was the mother of the groom. And she is lotsssssss of fun!

Amanda - you made it on the blog!!! :)
No pictures of us together thought. :(
I wasn't too on the ball with the pics. I don't have any of me and my bestest friends!
Justin and Kelly on the big day. The kids were so excited. Their first wedding and they really loved it. Lots of dancing was done that night!
Hayden is 9months old and was so cute in his tux!


Picture of the groom with his family. And my Grandpa MacNeil.
Shamus and Breagha were waiting patiently for the music to start.

The wedding party. The girls traded in the high heels for comfy flipflops. Probably a good idea!! The dresses were really nice. And the boys were very handsome in their tuxes.

Oh, Breagha was very happy when the bride came over and asked her to dance. It was really cute. She had a pretty big smile on her face!

Duane's kiddies and my kiddies...I don't think they stopped dancing.


And that was the big night!!!! The first MacNeil wedding was enjoyed by Shamus and Breagha.
While I was on the dance floor with the kids...doing some serious dancing...Shamus whispered in my ear, "Wouldn't it be nice if Dad was with us?" Yes, it would have been perfect had Dad been with us. We sure miss you Babe!!!
Can't wait to see you.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see you guys too. It won't be long now :)

Love U

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

I can't believe how big Shamus looks now!!
Looks like a lot of fun guys... Weddings are always a good gathering time to see family and friends ;)