Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day of School Pics


Shamus' first day of school went very well. It was from 9am-12pm and I was there until 1030am getting LOADS of information from the teacher. When 1030 rolled around, Breagha and I said bye to Shamus and left. And he was totally fine. Most of the kids did really well.

Today he was there from 9am-12pm again and had a great day. They already had gym class so he was quite pleased. He is very excited for tomorrow because he's taking the bus!! Yeap. He didn't even want me to take him on his first day. He wanted to go on the bus! So, we agreed that I would take him the first 2 days and tomorrow he can start on the bus. I'm sad that he doesn't want me to drop him off and pick him up but it is nice to see his independence. And once I start working he will have to do before school care/after school care and won't get to take the bus anymore. So, we figured that we'll let him do it while he has the chance. Should be cute.


We decided to take the scooters yesterday for the first day. Not sure if it was the best idea because it's been super hot lately and I almost melted walking back home. :)
Almost there!!
Apparently we are about 0.8km from the school because we just make the cut for getting to ride the bus. :)
Waiting for the teacher to meet us outside. Shamus was not shy about trying out the playground equipment. And neither was Miss Breagha.
K, time to go inside and check it out!
The teacher, Madame Constantin seems great. She will start off speaking English and French but after the first month it will be more and more French. Shamus is very keen about learning French so hopefully he'll stay that way!

And they're all done!
Tomorrow is the long day so we'll see how it goes. Gym and Music class tomorrow so should be good. I'm sure we'll hear all about it!!


...one final note...we may have found a daycare for Breagha. I went to see it today and really liked it. And it's $7.00/day. Very nice. And includes all meals. And it has a pool...which I have not seen at a daycare yet. Everything about it/everything I've heard seems great. But, the location is not ideal. :( I was hoping that our old daycare would somehow find us a spot but no word yet. So, we may go with the one I saw today. We have to decide by tomorrow so not much time to think about it. It's tough because I have NO IDEA where I'll be working! If it's downtown than dropping off/picking up Breagha will take longer. If it's in the general area of our apartment than no big deal.
(Shamus took this pic of Breagha and I. I really liked it.)

I'll think we'll go for it!!

2 comments:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Congratulations Shamus on your first day at school!!
I am glad he is adjusting fine and is very excited about it.
He is soo big now and sweet =)
Mariana

Cari said...

glad to hear shamus is enjoying school! and great news about finding a daycare! where is it? did you get your hair cut. it looks cute in that pic!